Post Date: 01/08/2020
Close Date: 01/21/2020
Bring your customer service experience to our team as an office specialist! This key position provides administrative support to our Region 1 Headquarters in historic downtown Portland. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
• Front desk reception: serve as initial contact for visitors in person, by phone and via e-mail.
• Provide professional and courteous support for customers seeking assistance, information and/or direction.
• Receive incoming calls on multi-line system.
• Respond to inquiries about specific program information and services.
• Explain and clarify rules, processes and procedures.
• Brief management on matters that may be controversial or problematic.
• Prepare outgoing and receive, open, date stamp and distribute mail.
• Collate copies, fax and/or mail outgoing administrative documents, program specific technical and/or contract documents.
• Enter data from vendor payments into invoicing system.
• Disburse payments to vendors following written accounting procedures.
• Code invoices for payment and work with vendors and Financial Services to resolve discrepancies or charges.
• Reserve conference rooms and visitor workstations.
• Work is performed in an office environment in an open work area.
• Work requires using a personal computer and various software applications.
• May encounter emotionally-charged members of the public.
• Must be able to deal with multiple priorities and/or projects and frequent interruptions to work routine.
What’s in it for you:
• Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
• Colleagues who are passionate about public service.
• Work/life balance and 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules and competitive benefits packages.
• Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
What we need:
Two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents.
An associate's degree in office occupations or office technology.
Graduation from a private school of business with a certificate in office occupations or office technology and one year of general clerical experience.
Note: College courses in office occupations or office technology will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position.
What we’d like to see:
• Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe.
• Fast and accurate data entry skills.
• Experience assisting with recruitments and scheduling interviews.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Front desk experience, answering multi-line phones and greeting customers.
Learn more and apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on January 21, 2020.
Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.