Post Date: 08/29/2019
Close Date: 10/01/2019
This position will assist the Department of Community Development with its budgetary, operational and direct service needs. General responsibilities will include but not be limited to developing, documenting and presenting budgetary and expenditure proposals; monitoring expenditures and department performance against the approved budget and general cost-effectiveness standards; ensuring that fiscal policies, procedures and records are consistent with county requirements and contemporary accounting standards.
This position will also be responsible for assisting the director with: ensuring that staffing levels are adequate; ensuring that the department operates with organizational effectiveness and efficiencies; developing, overseeing and supervising finance administrative operations including administrative support staff, files and records, paperwork processing, purchasing and supplies, contracts, customer service activities and others; and handling facilities and logistics issues. The position may participate in developing and managing various direct-service program areas within the department.
This position will report to the Director of Community Development.
A first review of applications will begin after September 10, 2019.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or public administration, or a related field and four years of increasingly responsible accounting, banking, investment, and debt management experience, and supervisory skills and abilities. Experience should demonstrate considerable knowledge and ability in finance and administration, as well as professional-level decision making and supervisory expertise and skill. Experience exclusively in administrative support roles will be considered provided the candidate demonstrates the analytical and supervisory skills required.
Any combination of education, experience and qualifications that would provide the required knowledge and abilities will be considered.
The ideal candidate will have the following strengths:
• Certification as a CPA (Certified Public Accounting)
• Public sector experience at the local government level
• Budget development experience and analysis in state or local government
• Substantial and responsible experience in administrative analysis, budgeting, governmental service delivery or a related field
• Substantial and responsible experience with building, code enforcement, land use and/or planning related issues
• Experience with computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
• Experience with Financial Enterprise Systems
Knowledge of: contemporary management theories, practices and techniques in each of the functional areas above which falls within current or potential responsibilities of the position; relevant financial and legal requirements; the mission, services and challenges of the department to which assigned.
Ability to: plan, direct and effectively supervise the work of professional, technical and support staff; develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within and outside of the department; prepare effective correspondence and reports; and communicate effectively verbally and in sensitive interpersonal situations.
• Application Review (Pass/Fail) – An on-line application is required. Attaching a resume does not substitute for a completed application; incomplete applications will not pass the application review. Candidates deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process.
• Oral Interview – The interview will be job related and may include, but not be limited to, the qualifications outlined in the job announcement. Candidates deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process
• Supplemental Interview- Candidates participating in the selection process following the oral interview may be asked to prepare written responses to certain work–related challenges
Employment References may be conducted for the final candidates, including verification of education.
HOW TO APPLY:
An online application is required. For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clark County is committed to increasing the ethnic, cultural and social diversity of its workforce and ensuring that diversity is a key priority of our organization. We are committed to providing equal opportunity and access regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person, sexual orientation/gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Clark County’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan is available at http://www.clark.wa.gov/human-resources/documents
If you are in need of ADA/Section 504 assistance for accommodations, please contact Human Resources at (360) 397-2456; Relay (800) 833-6388.
Salary Grade: M2.827 ($6,446.00 - $9,107.00) per month
Close Date: Open Until Filled