Post Date: 12/04/2018
Close Date: 01/09/2019
Among the woodlands, wetlands and wildlife of the hills of Southwest Portland lies the unique educational experience that is Oregon Episcopal School. The school occupies a 59 acre campus where 870 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, a college preparatory curriculum, and a strong sense of community. OES welcomes those who wish to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community.
Oregon Episcopal School seeks an experienced, social media savvy professional with exceptional writing skills to be its digital content curator. The primary objective of this position is to source and communicate compelling stories about OES and its students by leading the creation of content to use for social media, a weekly e-newsletter, and on oes.edu. In addition, the content curator helps maintain current information and build out new areas of the school website, assists in the creation of mass email templates and newsletters, and publicizes upcoming events across all digital channels. The curator also serves as the tracker, recorder, and analyzer of digital traffic and stats. This position works closely with all school divisions and departments to stay in touch with school activities and student involvement so that the heart and essence of OES can be communicated to current and prospective parents, students, alumni, employees, and other key constituents. The successful candidate will possess a collaborative, inclusive spirit and the ability to support the educational mission of OES (https://www.oes.edu/aboutoes/mission-vision-identity).
This is a full-time, year-round, position that comes with a competitive salary and benefits package including paid sick leave, paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, a retirement plan with generous employer match, and an excellent free lunch daily. See the OES Benefits Guide for more information (https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1539631078/oregon/f4p8kc7gtdn4j2qaanyt/2019OESOEGuidewithAttachments.pdf).
• Collaborate with all departments and divisions to gather information about current activities and events around the school to promote, highlight, and feature across the school’s digital platforms.
• Work independently to curate, write, and design The Aardvark digital newsletter (distributed every Friday morning during the school year); create strong relationships with faculty/staff and attend classroom activities, gatherings, and events to compile stories and take or acquire photos to support school communication.
• Serve as principal architect and content curator for strategic postings to all school social networks and other web-based venues to grow, maintain, and encourage engagement with OES.
• Track, monitor, and report on the impact of website traffic, social media campaigns, and other assigned digital activity. Offer analysis on findings and suggest new strategies.
• Partner with the director of marketing & communications to keep the school website accurate, fresh, and relevant.
• Provide quality customer service to employees and parents who request content updates or suggest story ideas, help train key employees to maintain some of their own web content.
• Provide occasional support to the marketing & communications director by drafting press releases as needed.
• Serve on OES Magazine publication team twice a year to write assigned feature articles, news briefs, and captions. Also help create a strong digital presence for the twice yearly magazine on the school website.
• Photograph school events/activities to support The Aardvark newsletter and help identify important photo opportunities for our Campus Photographer.
• BA/BS in marketing, communications, English, or a related field
• Five years of progressive experience using a website CMS, managing social media accounts, coordinating mass emails, and creating digital newsletters
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, basic photo and video editing/cropping/sizing, email marketing software, and Google Analytics, an eye for clean design of digital newsletters and websites, flexibility to adapt and learn as digital tools evolve
• Exceptional writing skills, especially in short-form stories, captions, and headlines
• Cultural competency, ability to interact and work effectively with diverse students and colleagues, to communicate across cultures; an open, inclusive approach to the workplace
• Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
• Seven years of relevant experience
• Previous experience in an independent/private school or college/university
• Video production experience
• Experience with inbound marketing tactics
• Familiarity with Finalsite, a web hosting platform for schools
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Exemplary language skills both verbal and written, ability to communicate effectively
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a helpful, customer service orientation
• Ability to work effectively on teams and in close collaboration with colleagues
• Knowledge of current IT and social media practice, ability to keep abreast of changes in the field
• Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple deadlines
• Ability to sit at a computer and keyboard for substantial periods
• Ability to stand for up to two hours at events and other occasions
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. on occasional basis
• Mobility sufficient to move about the campus and off-site events venues
• Ability to communicate clearly with co-workers, students, and constituents
• Vision and hearing sufficient to use computer and to interact with colleagues and constituents
COMPENSATION: 55,000 to 60,000 per year depending on experience and education
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested candidates should complete the application available here and attach cover letter and resume: https://fs18.formsite.com/OES_Form/5blmhuszuk/index.html.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: https://www.oes.edu/careers