Post Date: 04/12/2019
Close Date: 05/12/2019
Among the woodlands, wetlands and wildlife of the hills of Southwest Portland lies the unique educational experience that is Oregon Episcopal School. The school occupies a 59 acre campus where 870 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, a college preparatory curriculum, and a strong sense of community. OES welcomes those who wish to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community.
Oregon Episcopal School seeks a professional, personable, detail oriented individual to be its development data assistant. The assistant will be responsible for recording and processing the receipt of all gifts to OES. This primarily data entry position plays a key support role in the efficient functioning of the Advancement Office. Accuracy, efficiency, and the ability to work as a positive member of the team are attributes crucial to success in this position.
This is a part-time (.60 FTE), hourly, year-round position that starts in mid-August. It comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package including 80% employer paid health insurance for the employee, retirement plan with generous employer match, and one excellent free meal daily.
• Receive and process all gifts daily in accordance with OES Gift Acceptance Policy, CASE Reporting Standards & Management Guidelines, and IRS regulations.
• Process mail daily, including proper handling of returned mail.
• Process donor acknowledgement letters.
• Create, maintain, and update records in the constituent database and analyze this information for accuracy.
• Run and distribute reports as required (e.g. deposit reports, gift detail reports, event registration reports).
• Assist the analytics manager with gift-related reporting and data entry projects.
• Provide answers, on occasion, for donors’ questions regarding their gifts.
• Provide assistance as assigned with special projects, events and programs to members of the Advancement Office team and volunteers. All-hands on-deck events and activities may include, but are not limited to: Homecoming, Grandparents Day, OES Auction, and Alumni Weekend.
• High school diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Digital literacy: high level of comfort and facility with IT and computers in general; experience with CRM/relational database like Raiser’s Edge and project management software, such as Wrike; intermediate to advanced MS Office, web based apps, Google Docs, etc. as appropriate to job duties; ability to adapt as digital tools evolve
• Intercultural competence, ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals
• Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screen
• Some college
• Independent school or other nonprofit development office experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of business math and general bookkeeping and record keeping practices
• Interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and maintain collegial relationships with colleagues
• Organizational skills, ability to function effectively in a fast-paced team environment with a high level of accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail; ability to juggle competing deadlines
• Discretion and professionalism, ability to handle confidential information appropriately
• Ability to sit at computer and keyboard for substantial periods of time
• Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and constituents
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis
• Ability to move about the OES campus and off-campus event venues, to include climbing stairs
COMPENSATION: $18 to $20 per hour depending on experience
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please complete the OES Application for Employment available here and attach a cover letter and resume https://fs18.formsite.com/OES_Form/linevftncf/index.html. Closes May 12. Review of applications will begin on May 13.
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: https://www.oes.edu/careers