Post Date: 01/10/2019
Close Date: 02/10/2019
Since 1973 The Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) has pursued a mission to improve lives for all Oregonians through the power of philanthropy. We work with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create charitable funds that support the community causes they care about. These funds support the critical work that nonprofits are doing across Oregon. Our headquarters are in Portland, with regional offices in Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Medford, Oregon.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the CFO, performing various duties associated with investment administration and administrative support for the finance and fund services team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Executive Support
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CFO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments in coordination with senior management team; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling background documents for the CFO’s meetings in collaboration with other departments as appropriate.
• Attend meetings and record minutes for quarterly investment committee, triannual audit committee and other meetings, as requested.
• Maintain committee records and reports and manage distribution of information to members.
• Facilitates communication between the CFO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Serves as key contact and provides full administrative support in matters relating to CFO’s daily office requirements, including interface with OCF donors, consultants, vendors, business/investment contacts, board members, and board committees and other tasks that facilitate the CFO's ability to effectively lead the departments and facilitate the smooth flow of operations.
B. Investments Administration
• Assist in administration and accounting for private equity/venture capital investments:
o Ensure timely completion of subscription documents and legal review
o Coordinate with custodian to process capital calls and capital distributions and prepare reconciliations of private equity funds and OCF’s investment pools, as needed
o Monitor availability of funds
o Maintain records of agreements and correspondence, in coordination with custodian
• Prepare daily fraud prevention report for all checks issued by OCF and supporting organizations
• Keep record of investment manager fees and monitor for accuracy
• Keep financial reports and investment information current on Foundation website
• Assist with the preparation of account reconciliations and other month/quarter end close activities
C. Administrative Support for Finance & Fund Services
• Assist with management of properties owned by OCF, including processing of vendor payments, preparation of documents for signature, and maintenance of physical and electronic files
• Perform regular maintenance in database, including entry and updating of donor and fund records and grant record coding clean up
• Provide periodic backup support to Department Staff and Receptionist as needed
Required Cultural Values:
In addition to the specific job requirements for each position, staff are expected to embody certain cultural values to support OCF’s mission: communicate effectively, value one another, demonstrate accountability, embrace possibilities, address conflict and take action.
Required Education, Training, Experience and Skills:
• Three years’ executive level administrative support experience. Experience working in non-profit sector desired.
• Associate degree or equivalent combination of experience and education in lieu of degree.
• Experience with Board of Directors relations and communications.
• Knowledge of budgeting, reconciliation and accounting procedures.
• Knowledge of finance and investment terminology preferred.
• Excellent organization skills with attention to details, and ability to work independently with little direction and manage and prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
• Ability to prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and to follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentially and discretion.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet, and experience working in a network environment with an integrated database. Experience in report formatting preferred.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills – provide service that is prompt, courteous and competent to convey trust and confidence. Works effectively with other team members and staff.
• Requires good knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and processes.
• Requires sound judgement and mathematical abilities.
• Possess cultural agility skills necessary to work effectively with diverse people, teams and communities.
Compensation and Benefits:
The starting salary range begins at $20.00 per hour; starting rate is dependent on candidates’ applicable experience and knowledge. OCF offers an excellent benefit package with generous paid time off, choice of medical and dental plans, vision, outstanding 401k retirement plan, cell phone stipend, commuter and healthcare savings accounts, employer paid disability and life. Our employees have access to an Employee Assistance Plan, paid volunteer leave, and professional development opportunities.
The Oregon Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strive to build a diverse workforce to promote effective work in partnership with all communities and population groups in Oregon. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
We are accepting resumes until the position is filled. To apply, provide a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position and include your resume. https://www.oregoncf.org/explore-ocf/careers