Post Date: 03/18/2020
Close Date: 04/15/2020
POSITION: Dean of Student Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Student Services
REPORTS TO: Executive Vice President
SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Benefited
The Dean of Student Affairs serves as the student affairs officer and manages day-to-day operations of the Office of Student Services. The dean is responsible for developing and implementing programs, services and strategies specifically designed to increase student retention and promote a student centered campus environment. The dean represents the interests of the Office of Student Services on divisional and university committees and leads policy and protocol development for student affairs and identified campus issues. The dean is a highly visible member of the Student Services leadership team and is expected to be communicative and collaborative with the students, faculty, administration, staff, alumni, and other campus stakeholders.
• Supervises and manages Student Service staff, ASB Officers, Student Workers, and other staff, as needed.
• Facilitates staff recruitment, onboarding, training, professional development, performance review and evaluation.
Office of Student Services:
• Provides leadership in developing and coordinating annual and long-range goals and objectives for the Office of Student Services, consistent with the mission of the university.
• Serves as a spokesperson for the Office of Student Services and a visible advocate for students. Responds proactively to concerns of the university community, students, family members and external constituents.
• Develops and implements policies and programs that facilitate the delivery of ADA-related accommodations provided to on-campus and online students.
• Partners with the vice president of academic affairs and deans to provide information and materials to faculty regarding ADA accommodations.
• Develops, implements, and facilitates student onboarding and orientation programs for on-campus and online students.
• Meets with students to provide support, advice and referrals.
• Assists with withdrawal from and re-entry to the university.
• Provides consultation and assistance to faculty, staff and administration related to the needs of students.
• Coordinates and assists with student selection processes for various divisional and university positions, awards, and scholarships.
• Oversees university retention programs and initiatives that impact student persistence and the overall student experience.
• Works with students to plan off-campus field trips.
• Attends university functions including, student socials, homecoming, commencement and other designated events.
• Serves as the university’s Title IX Officer.
• Assists various university departments in special projects or assignments related to advancing the university’s strategic plan and mission.
• Oversees all functions of the Associated Student Body (ASB) and acts as a liaison between ASB and Office of the President.
• Oversees Student Service and Student Life webpages and collaborates with Department of Marketing and Communications to create and disseminate information, communications to students and perspective students.
• Serves on student conduct and discipline committees representing the Office of Student Services.
• Serves on other university committees, task forces and workgroups as assigned.
• Develops, implements, and evaluates assigned programs and services; integrates planning with budgeting.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Represent the University internally and externally in student affairs, in areas such as:
o Service on University committees
o Service on regional or national councils, as assigned
o Service in community organizations, assigned
Compliance and Policy Development:
• Leads, monitors, and promotes university compliance with external regulations in the area of student services including ADA, FERPA, Title IX, and other legislative and regulatory mandates.
• Develops and implements trainings and materials to ensure university compliance.
• Reviews, revises and creates policies for undergraduate and graduate students. Collaborates and coordinates with relevant offices to ensure policy consistency.
Special Projects and Initiatives:
• Leads, coordinates and administers special projects.
• Investigates feasibility of proposed projects or programs; explores interests, options, success of similar programs, applicable regulations; reports findings and makes recommendations.
• Organizes and coordinates seminars, trainings, and other special events as assigned.
• Represents the university to external universities, community partners, and government agencies to promote and coordinate new or existing projects and programs that benefit on students or the university as a whole.
• Oversee the Office of Student Services, ASB, and student club operating budgets; manages and monitors budgets on an ongoing basis.
• Develops annual department operating budgets with input from department staff and VP of Enrollment and Student Services.
• Participates in and collaborates on short-term and long-range fiscal planning for Student Services.
• A Master’s degree in higher education administration or related field; or equivalent experience.
• 5 years’ experience working in higher education or a related field; experience in a higher education leadership position.
• Keen understanding of issues impacting college students and student development.
• A demonstrated ability to work with a dynamic, diverse and engaged student population, both individually and in groups.
• Proven leadership and management skills working with individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and life experiences.
• Experience supervising professional staff and ability to work well with all levels of personnel.
• Strong project management skills with the demonstrated ability to coordinate, manage, implement and evaluate multiple projects over varied timelines.
• Demonstrated record of outstanding leadership, a strategic creative perspective, communication, conflict management, team building and advocacy skills as well as personal and professional ethics.
• Working knowledge of current laws and guidance pertaining to FERPA, the Clery Act, Title IX, and other applicable regulatory provisions.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS
Please submit a letter of application, a curriculum vitae or resume and the names and contact information of three professional references. Official transcripts from prior institutions of higher learning must be received prior to offer being extended to the finalist.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit our website and click the big orange button: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Complete details: https://www.uws.edu/job/dean-of-student-affairs/