Post Date: 01/06/2020
Close Date: 01/31/2020
This position is in the Large Groups Underwriting Department.
The Underwriter evaluates each assigned group’s risk and attaches the appropriate rate.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, math, statistics or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
• Business sense including: finance, accounting, economics, and risk management principles.
• Effective verbal and written communications.
• Ability to build and maintain positive internal and external customer interactions.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated technology proficiency, including Excel, Word, and applicable software applications.
The above, plus
• At least 2 years’ experience in underwriting related field or equivalent combination of education or experience.
• Demonstrated success with managing competing priorities and workload.
The above, plus
• At least 4 years’ experience in an underwriting related field or equivalent combination of education or experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency working with complex computer software systems and automation.
• Ability to effectively explain complex mathematical and abstract concepts to a variety of stakeholders, including those with less familiarity and/or understanding.
The above, plus
• At least 6 years’ experience in an underwriting related field or equivalent combination of education or experience.
• Proven understanding of business, including: finance, accounting, economics, and risk management.
• Demonstrated attainment of a high level of independent, consistent performance.
• Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and complete complex assignments with little or no supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to read the marketplace and competitive environment.
This position is pay level 13, 15, 16 or 18 depending on experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Complete details: https://careers-cambiahealth.icims.com/jobs/26388/underwriter/job