Post Date: 01/30/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re ranked as one of the 100 Best Non-profit Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a full-time caregiver “Personal Assistant” for a kind-hearted, retired man who lives in his own apartment in SW Portland.
He is eager to work with a personal assistant that is a good listener and will help him maintain his close relationships. You’ll work together on household chores and meal prep. He needs bathroom and bathing support plus assistance with taking his medications and eating.
He loves meeting new people and sharing his stories. He is retired from work, but likes to stay active in the community. You’ll have fun driving him around town in his van as he enjoys meeting up with friends and occasionally dining out. You’ll assist him as he uses his computer to stay in contact with friends and research his many interests including alternative health treatments and local construction projects.
You’ll work two shifts per week totaling 42 hours per week (40 hours at regular pay and 2 hours at overtime pay): 10am on Sunday through 4pm on Monday (30-hour shift) and 10pm on Friday through 10am on Saturday (12-hour shift). *You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
Approximate daily schedule for this adult: wake up anytime between 6:30 to 8am, rest time from 10 to 11:30am, bedtime anytime between 10pm to 1am, and on average this adult needs assistance one or two times during the night for small personal requests.
• $12.29 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to drive this customer’s van, which requires that you be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a valid driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving experience, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Be able to pass a reference check, physical with a lifting test of 50 lbs, and criminal history background check.
• Experience in developmental disability field preferred but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Kind-Hearted, Retired Man (SW Portland)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about us at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/7E4963DA64