Post Date: 05/08/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Among the woodlands, wetlands and wildlife of the hills of Southwest Portland lies the unique educational experience that is Oregon Episcopal School. The school occupies a 59-acre campus where 870 students in Pre-K through 12th Grade share an excellent faculty, a college preparatory curriculum, and a strong sense of community. OES welcomes those who wish to engage in a vibrant, culturally diverse learning community.
OES seeks an organized and tech savvy individual with excellent writing skills to be its marketing and communications coordinator. The coordinator will support the Marketing & Communications Department’s mission of communicating the story and mission of the School through work on a variety of projects. Projects can vary widely in scope but fall mainly under advertising, editing of all-school publications, and website content updates. To ensure timely execution of projects, the coordinator will communicate with other school departments and outside vendors. Particularly, the coordinator will work closely with the Advancement and Admissions teams to support their missions and acts as a liaison to other school departments. The coordinator will also provide general administrative support to the director and office. In addition to the qualifications detailed below, the successful marketing and communications coordinator candidate will have excellent written and verbal communications skills, be able to produce clear, compelling copy, and be an extraordinarily effective proofreader. Finally, applicants should inform themselves of and be able to support the OES educational mission (https://www.oes.edu/aboutoes/mission-vision-identity). The coordinator reports directly to the director of Marketing & Communications.
This is a half-time (20 hrs per week), year-round, hourly position that comes with a competitive hourly rate and benefits package including paid time off, 80% employer paid health insurance for the employee, and retirement plan with a generous employer match. Consult the OES Benefits Guide at www.oes.edu/employees for more information.
• Write, edit, and proofread marketing materials as needed, including but not limited to the OES Magazine, Annual Report, The Aardvark weekly newsletter, Admissions, Development, and Summer Programs materials, print and digital ads, and miscellaneous flyers, posters, postcards, signage, and eNewsletters. The Coordinator also maintains the accuracy and currency of the online Employee Directory.
• Update the OES Usage Guide annually.
• Manage the media buying process from beginning to end. This involves working with vendors to create annual advertising campaigns for Admissions, Summer Programs, and branding; presenting and refining campaigns along with budget considerations to Admissions and Summer Programs; interfacing with vendors during contract preparation.
• Coordinate the design of ads, track their progress, and ensure their timely delivery.
• Process invoices weekly; maintain accurate vendor invoicing records for projects produced by the M&C team.
• Track department spending relative to the budget on a monthly basis.
• Assist director of M&C with annual budget planning by providing budget overview and notable particulars.
• Maintain online employee directory for display on school website.
• Assist with occasional content updates to the school website.
• Manage the school’s stationery inventory by forecasting needs with different departments, ordering stationery, maintaining adequate supplies, and keeping stationery closet organized.
• Perform general administrative duties for the director and office, including scheduling meetings, ordering office supplies, delivering mail, and maintaining an orderly and pleasant space.
• Act as a liaison between M&C and project sponsors from other OES programs/departments.
• BA/BS or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills, samples required
• Two years’ experience working in marketing and communications or related field
• Two years’ experience with a website content management system
• Intercultural competence, ability to interact appropriately with a diverse array of individuals
• IT skills: general digital literacy, intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite, database, web-based applications including Google Docs, project management software, etc. as appropriate to duties
• Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
• Experience with Wrike or other project management software.
• Independent school experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Business math skills sufficient to track budget and prepare expense reports for Business Office
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once and juggle competing deadlines
• Interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, ability to exercise patience, tact, and discretion in handling confidential or sensitive information, flexibility and ability to adapt to changing needs
• Ability to support the educational mission of the School
• Primarily office environment, ability to sit at computer and keyboard for long periods
• Ability to move about the OES campus, to include climbing stairs
• Ability to see, hear, and speak are essential to performing the essential duties of this job
• Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects of up to 25 pounds
COMPENSATION: $23.00 to $25.00 per hour DOE
APPLICATION PROCESS: Visit www.oes.edu to learn more about this unique school, then complete the OES online application and attach a cover letter and resume.
Follow the link below to set up a login and password that will
allow you to save and return to your application:
Oregon Episcopal School does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), disability, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristic or status.
Complete details: https://www.oes.edu/careers