Post Date: 01/22/2020
Close Date: 03/01/2020
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
CCC’s Puentes program is seeking a Mental Health Counselor, QMHP.
Puentes provides culturally specific services to Latinos in recovery through alcohol and drug treatment and mental health care to individuals and to the entire family in a way that mitigates stigma and fear. Puentes staff are bilingual and bicultural; they understand Latino values, family roles and community structures helping Latino/a/x clients gain insight into cultural influences on behavior.
Duties will include:
• Participating in culturally specific outreach efforts to engage prospective clients
• Conduct screenings and complete necessary enrollment paperwork.
• Conduct and document Mental Health Assessments, including mental status exam, DSM diagnosis, and clinical formulation.
• Develop strengths-based treatment plan with client; Participate in clinical staff meetings and case conferences with team members in order to utilize interdisciplinary expertise and facilitate individual treatment plans for clients;
• Conduct educational and therapeutic mental health groups for clients, using approved curriculum;
• Master's degree in human services field. At minimum, must meet State guidelines for QMHP. One year of mental health experience preferred.
• Must have experience working with the Latino/a/x culture.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
• CADC I certification or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire preferred.
• If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
• Must possess a current driver’s license and pass DMV background check
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
• Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
• Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
• 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
• Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
• Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
HOW TO APPLY:
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs