Post Date: 07/23/2019
Close Date: 08/22/2019
Portland Community Reinvestment Initiatives, Inc. is a non-profit community development corporation with a mission “to preserve, expand and manage affordable housing in the City of Portland and provide access to and advocacy for services to our residents”. With over 700 units of affordable housing, PCRI’s unique mix of single-family homes, small multi-plexes and community apartments represents one of the last stable opportunities for low-income households to remain in their vibrant Portland neighborhoods. These homes and apartments are woven into the fabric of their neighborhoods and are a model for eliminating concentrations of poverty.
To accomplish PCRI’s goal of addressing involuntary displacement, PCRI established a displacement mitigation initiative, Pathway 1000, with the sole purpose and intent of slowing and reversing the involuntary displacement of long term residents previously forced to move from N/NE Portland, and current residents at risk of displacement. Through the Pathway 1000 initiative, PCRI aims to build and create at least 1,000 homes, many of which will be available to purchase. The homes will be located throughout the city of Portland, with the primary focus on the N/NE Portland neighborhoods where displaced families previously resided.
The Operations / IT Manager plans, directs and coordinates the operations of an organization. In addition, the Operations / IT Manager maintains and ensures security, availability, and performance of computers, servers and networks.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, knowledge of information technology and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
The Operations / IT manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, and efficiency of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies. Also, Operations / IT Manager is responsible for day to day operations of PCRI’s technology equipment and IT systems. Serves as a technical support in the area of system administration for Windows operating systems as well as a specialization in Yardi Property Management Software. Performs a broad range of computer systems administration duties; provide technical support for a combination of desktop, server and network hardware, software and peripheral equipment; to correct reported hardware and/or software problems; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
The Operations / IT Manager works closely with the Executive Team, Managers and line staff of the organization in providing daily support in the areas of policies and IT.
• Improve processes and policies in support of PCRI’s goal that guarantee organizational well-been.
• Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output.
• Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
• Recommend organizational or procedural changes affecting support activities.
• Maintain Operations manuals and update resource materials.
• Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Systems requiring expert knowledge (training will be provided) would include VoiceEdge phone system, smart phone use, core accounting/internal business system Yardi Property Management software, core document sharing system, Microsoft Office & any other software/hardware service in place that is critical to the organization.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone.
• Oversee purchasing and contracts for all software and hardware, including but not limited to copiers, PCs, phones, etc.
• Set up hardware for new staff, and to create and document network, email and other login information.
o Trusted password delegate for all staff accounts.
Includes access to all account information in all areas for all staff.
Delivery of this information to staff via only verbal communication.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per management request. Proper handling of all matters IT related to staff leaving company.
• Train new and existing employees in use of hardware and software in a group setting or one on one.
• Creation of new and maintenance of existing documentation. This includes but is not limited to the following items:
o All software applications in use both local and cloud. How to install, where to locate media for installation, location of install codes if applies, where to obtain licenses existing or purchase new licenses, and how the application is used.
o User lists. All user related account login information for all local and cloud related services.
o Hardware lists. All IT related hardware with Serial#, description of hardware, purpose, location and staff using. This includes new hardware as it arrives and old hardware that is exited.
o Major service call work done for staff.
• Coordinate with Executive and Fiscal departments to develop hardware lifecycle replacement plan.
• Coordinate with vendors to maintain and improve organization’s website.
• While IT matters will be the primary focus of this position, other matters may arise during day to day operations that are not IT related but require critical thinking and problem solving skills. Assistance with these kinds of matters as directed by management will be a part of this position.
Bachelor’s degree in Business and / or IT Administration, a minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in Office Management in non-profit or for profit, affordable housing, property management, or real estate development.
The ideal candidate:
• Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the organization
• Superior verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to build relationships with stakeholder, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
• Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• An understanding of: Microsoft Office 365 services, Sonicwall OS, BatchPatch for patch management, Webroot Anti-Malware, Ultrabac.
• Proficiency in Yardi administration is strongly preferred.
Compensation / Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. PCRI provides a generous benefits package that includes 10 days of paid Vacation after the completion of one year of employment that increase over time to 20 paid days, 9 days of paid Sick Leave and 3 days of paid Personal Time Off, 10 paid holidays, employer-paid health coverage (medical, dental, vision) that requires a minor contribution for employee if dependents added to plan, Long Term Disability Insurance, 403(B) employer match contribution of up to 3% of employees annual salary. Voluntary benefits include: Life Insurance, Short Term Disability insurance, critical and accidental insurance.
PCRI is a fast-paced, highly engaged work environment. We strive to communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds. We actively seek opportunities for professional development for our staff and promote a willingness to change for continual improvement.
PCRI is an EEO employer committed to the inclusion of all people in our workplace and programs.
The Operations / IT Manager will spend hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The Operations / IT Manager will also have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time. In addition, have ability to climb stairs several times a day. Physical ability to bend, stoop, twist, reach and pull.
Undergoing and passing a pre-employment criminal background, drug test and physical exam is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able perform each essential function and the physical demands satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, to the attention of Tamara Trofimenko, HR Manager. PCRI, 6329 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Portland, Oregon, 97211, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (503) 943-2844. This position is open until filled. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Complete details: http://pcrihome.org/contact/jobs