Post Date: 10/18/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: Temporary Clinical RN
DEPARTMENT: Blackburn Center Primary Care
REPORTS TO: Blackburn Clinical Services Manager (RN)
SCHEDULE: This temporary position (20 hrs/week) is expected to last at least 3 months, with the possibility of transition to a part-time regular position. Hours are variable, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. No nights or weekends.
SUMMARY: The Clinical RN works collaboratively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing medical and behavioral health services and care coordination for complex, medically vulnerable adults experiencing houselessness. Provides direct nursing care, with an emphasis on wound care and combined provider/nurse visits for substance use treatment. Additional responsibilities include, triage, education and coordination for patients as outlined by the Clinical Services Manager (RN). Specific responsibilities may vary based on current clinic and team needs.
1. Successful completion of a course of accredited study that leads to the AD, or BS or AA degree in Nursing from OSBN or State Board approved course.
2. Current RN license in the State of Oregon.
3. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
4. Must have an understanding of the causes of homelessness and poverty, the medical and psychosocial sequelae of homelessness and the systems and processes used to help complex and medically vulnerable participants secure and maintain stable housing, healthcare, and other social services.
5. Must have experience working with high-risk participants.
6. Current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
7. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
8. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. For work at the Blackburn Center this includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
10. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations, and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs