Post Date: 11/01/2019
Close Date: 12/13/2019
Vista Capital Partners is one of the leading financial advisors in the Pacific Northwest and has become a career destination. Our unique investment philosophy, standard-setting client services, and engaging work environment help to attract and retain top talent. Our core purpose is to build happier and more prosperous lives.
We believe a healthy work/life balance is essential—happy employees provide the best possible service to our clients. To that end, we engage in regular team-building exercises, provide time for employees to volunteer in the community, and offer periodic sabbaticals.
Vista’s continued growth has created an opportunity for us to add a new Trader to our team of professionals.
This position will work closely with advisors and be responsible for managing investments in client accounts by helping to develop and execute trades. The Trader will also support and enhance our firm’s key software applications and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Trader can expect to focus their work in the following areas:
• Monitor asset allocation of client accounts and conduct rebalancing utilizing our portfolio management system (Tamarac).
• Work closely with Advisors and Lead Advisors to ensure client portfolios are invested according to Investment Policy.
• Work with compliance to document and report on trading activity and assist with other compliance related tasks.
• Maintain all asset codes, rebalancing codes, and model management within our portfolio management system (Tamarac).
• Work closely with the COO and Technology Team to support the firm’s technology and systems integration.
• Work closely with the CIO and Investment Team to support the implementation of the firm’s investment decisions.
• Produce periodic reports, including quarterly reports that maintain the firm’s composite (s) of performance, from Tamarac to help support the firm’s activities.
• Collaborate with Advisors and Lead Advisors to enter and analyze data in investment portfolio proposals as necessary.
• Identify opportunities for process automation.
We will hire the person who best embodies and embraces Vista’s core values:
• Act with Integrity
Successful relationships are built on trust.
• Strive for Simplicity
Keeping things simple allows us to focus on what truly matters.
• Be Passionate
An unwavering belief in what we’re doing brings out the best in us. Passion inspires and is contagious.
• Demand Excellence
Our clients and colleagues deserve our best effort. Always.
• Enjoy the Journey
A fun and flexible work environment allows our people to enjoy happy and fulfilling lives.
The Trader position typically requires the following qualifications:
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment and comfort with taking on significant responsibility.
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in financial services; portfolio management and/or trading experience preferred.
• Ability to organize and present data; strong Excel and/or programming skills a plus.
• Experience with Tamarac or other trade/order portfolio management software.
• Experience with Charles Schwab as custodian, preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
Salary and Benefits
Pay/benefits are competitive based on industry standards:
• Salary based on experience.
• Profit sharing.
• Benefits include health care, paid time off, sabbaticals and 401(k).
• Partial and/or full financial support for professional accreditation/continuing education requirements and other education/training opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their resumes with a cover letter to: Tana Thomson, email@example.com. Mailing address is:
Vista Capital Partners
9755 S.W. Barnes Road, Suite 595
Portland, OR 97225
We will contact you if we believe your qualifications meet our needs. Thank you!
VISTA CAPITAL PARTNERS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER