Post Date: 11/20/2019
Close Date: 12/19/2019
Clackamas County Behavioral Health has an immediate opening for an experienced Mental Health Investigator to conduct pre-commitment investigations and to work with individuals and their families to gather information and determine whether to recommend that Civil Commitment Hearings take place. The Mental Health Investigator will also coordinate cases through the legal system and participate as an effective member on a diagnostic team of mental health professionals, which helps determine placement for clients.
The Behavioral Health Division within the Department of Health, Housing, and Human Services promotes and protects the health of County residents. The Division’s services include treatment of chronic and transitory mental and emotional disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, gerontological, and adolescent problems. The Division provides counseling, care coordination, civil commitment, crisis response, jail diversion, and screening for specialty mental health services.
The Mental Health Investigator is oriented to performing thorough investigations so that services can be provided to individuals and their families to help determine if a civil commitment is needed or if the individuals should be referred to other mental health programs. Responsibilities include helping to ensure due process for individuals placed on a hospital hold and to make certain that their civil rights are not suspended wrongfully or for any longer than necessary.
Clackamas County is committed to building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. In that spirit, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Designation as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP)** as established by the State of Oregon Mental Health Division
• Ability to obtain designation as a Mental Health Investigator Resident upon hire
• Possession of or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire: Certification by the Oregon Health Authority as an Involuntary Commitment Investigator (ICP)
• Experience identifying clinical issues and providing guidance based on reviewing clinical content in reports
• Experience gathering information through questions and/or conducting interviews, reviewing clinical documents and researching clinical information to provide guidance and make recommendations
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Current certification by OHA as a Mental Health Investigator
• At least two years post-Master’s experience providing mental health services, including diagnostic assessment
• At least one year of experience conducting Mental Health Investigations per ORS 426
SALARY & BENEFITS
Clackamas County offers competitive wages and an attractive benefits package, including a robust Wellness program.
• The salary range is $66,455- $84,276 Annually
• This position works 40 hours during a standard workweek of Monday through Friday. Specific hours will be discussed at time of selection.
• Health Plan Options: Most employees are eligible to start most benefits after two months of continuous employment.
THE FLEXIBLE BENEFITS PROGRAM OFFERS:
• A Choice of Dental Plans and Medical Plans with Vision & Prescription Drug Coverage
• A Choice of Full Benefits or Lesser Benefits with Flex Cash
• Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
• Paid Leave: (Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave)
• Group Term Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance with Optional Salary Buy-Up Program
• Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
• Optional Group Universal Life Insurance; Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance; Long Term Care Insurance; Voluntary Benefits through AFLAC, Liberty Mutual and Hyatt Legal
• Retirement: PERS/OPSRP Retirement Contributions Clackamas County contributes to member’s pension share account as well as picks up the 6% contribution to the Individual Account Program (IAP).
• Optional Deferred Compensation (457)
• Longevity Pay
HOW TO APPLY
Clackamas County accepts online applications only. To complete an online application and for more information, please visit http://www.clackamas.us/ and click on the “Jobs” tab
• Please follow the instructions to submit the on-line application. Instructions will include how to copy and paste a current resume. Please make sure to answer all the questions, including the open-ended questions!
• This position is open until filled. We reserve the right to close at any time.
Complete details: https://hrapp.clackamas.us/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&JobOpeningId=105298&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant