Post Date: 12/21/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Job Title: Teacher – Early Head Start
Salary: $16.50-$17.50/hour based on experience
Hours: Full time nonexempt, 40 hours per week
Department: Head Start
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position will be responsible for lead classroom operations in a team-teaching environment that follows Oregon Childcare Division licensure requirements and Head Start Performance Standards, using effective Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies GOLD (TS GOLD), nurturing the well-being of children and implementing Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS) strategies.
Because of the focus of the program where the vacancy exists, preference in hiring given to qualified teacher with Native American heritage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Classroom Management
· Curriculum Development, Implementation, and Assessment
· Family Engagement and Support
· Program Management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· An Associate or Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or Child Development; or a related degree with coursework that includes 30 quarter/20 semester college credits in ECE, Child Development, Elementary Education, or Special Education;
· 1 year of experience teaching 0-3 year old children in an early childhood education setting
· Knowledge of early childhood development and general principles of early childhood education and developmentally appropriate, multi-cultural, anti-bias curriculum for 0-3 years old.
· STEP 8.5 or higher on the Oregon Registry or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
At time of hire must be currently enrolled in the Oregon Child Care Division Central Background Registry (CBR) and must be able to maintain current enrollment at all times of employment
Within 30 days of employment must attain and maintain current certification of:
· Adult and Pediatric CPR &b First Aid Certification
· Food Handler’s Card
Must successfully complete enrollment in Oregon Child Care Registry Step Program
For immediate consideration, please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send resume as an attachment. Links will not be accepted.
Or apply online via: