Post Date: 06/07/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
2017-18 Part-Time Faculty Interest Pool - Writing (Rock Creek Campus)
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09205
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Part time Faculty
Starting Salary Range: 2017 Hourly Rates: Lecture $58.51; Lab $43.40; Lecture/Lab $47.11
Job Close Date: Applications in this Faculty Interest Pool will be reviewed monthly by the Department
Portland Community College is accepting applications to be considered for Part-Time Faculty assignments in the Composition and Literature Department at the Rock Creek Campus.
This is NOT an announcement of a specific open position, but an Adjunct Faculty Interest Pool, from which the department will identify applicants based on course assignment needs during the 2017-18 Academic Year.
The department will review new applications on a monthly basis.
Current anticipated needs are experienced instructors in Composition, First-year Writing and Creative Writing. These courses include WR 115, WR 121, WR 122 and WR 227.
Please review the details for these courses in http://catalog.pcc.edu/programsanddisciplines/writing/#coursestext. As part of this application, you will be asked to list the PCC Writing courses which you would be able to teach.
The Rock Creek Campus serves many students from neighboring Washington County, the second most populated county in the state with over 500,000 residents. Washington County is home to an increasingly diverse population, having the highest percentage of Asians (10%) and Latinos (17%), including cities with thriving and growing Latino communities, such as Hillsboro and Forest Grove (each 24% Latino).
Our composition classes represent a diverse population as well: Hispanic (16%), Asian (7%), multi-racial (6%), African American (4%), and foreign nationals (2%).
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play at PCC, please complete your application today to be considered.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct students, using approved course outcome guides developed by college-wide subject area Faculty.
- Assess and grade student achievement of learning outcomes.
- Use student feedback to improve teaching.
- Be available for a reasonable amount of student contact to respond to questions and to resolve problems related to the course through time spent before or after class or through telephone or e-mail exchanges or office hours where facilities and schedules permit.
- Attend one staff meeting per term as directed by the College and when notified by the Division Dean.
- Provide additional hours of course-related student conferences or tutoring over and above classroom instruction when courses are designated as requiring such.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
- MFA, MA or PhD in English, Literature, or Rhetoric/Composition,OR an MA or PhD in an interdisciplinary field with a minimum of 30 graduate quarter credit -hours in one or a combination of English, Literature, or Rhetoric/Composition.
- Have taught at least four college-level composition classes or have equivalent college classroom experience through a mentoring or internship program.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Experience teaching writing and/or literature at the lower-division collegiate level
- Demonstrated knowledge and utilization of culturally-responsive teaching and learning practices
Additional Posting Information:
To apply to be considered for a possible Part-Time Faculty position in this department, please provide the following:
1) Completed online application
Be sure to indicate clearly how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications in the employment history to ensure this experience is taken into consideration.
2) Current Resume/Vita (*Attach)
3) Unofficial Transcripts for each of your degrees (Includes current PCC employees) (*Attach)
Transcripts need to include the title of the degree earned and the date that the degree was conferred and the Name of the Institution.
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Notes to Applicants:
- Upon hire you will be required to provide official copies of transcripts for any degrees required for the position.
- All transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. are required to include an evaluation by a U.S. credential evaluation agency (copy and paste the link http://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/faculty-information.html into another browser window for specific instructions).
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Incomplete application packets may not be considered.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1234963
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1234963