Post Date: 02/06/2020
Close Date: 02/24/2020
This Job Posting closes at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Monday, February 24, 2020.
This posting may be extended to increase the applicant pool.
Hourly Page Range: $83.185059 - $105.838860
Starting salaries will be within the posted pay range based on job-related factors such as experience, training and/or education.
In addition to competitive wages, Clackamas County offers an attractive benefits package for employees in regular status positions.
Although considered a part time position (30 - 32 hours per week), you will receive full-time benefits. Employees must work a minimum of 30 hours per week to receive full benefits.
Health Plan Options: Most employees are eligible to start most benefits the first of the month after two full months of continuous employment. Note: This summary is general in nature. Specific terms of benefits are contained in insurance policies, the Personnel Ordinance, County Employment Policies and Practices and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
With the Clackamas County Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), you may be eligible for loan forgiveness, re-payment and scholarship opportunities through Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) and/or the Oregon Office of Rural Health (Oregon Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program). In addition, there may be options for loan forgiveness while working with a government/public agency with the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
Our flexible Benefits Program offers:
• A Choice of Medical Plans with Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
• Chiropractic Coverage and Alternative Care Benefit
• A Choice of Dental Plans
• Wellness and Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Leave: (Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave, Military Leave)
• Group Term Life Insurance
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance with Optional Salary Buy-Up Program
• A Choice of Full Benefits or Lesser Benefits with Flex Cash
• Optional Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Optional Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Optional Health Reimbursement Arrangement
• Optional Dependent Term Life Insurance
• Optional Group Universal Life Insurance
• Optional Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
• Optional Long Term Care Insurance
• Optional Voluntary Benefits through AFLAC, Liberty Mutual and Hyatt Legal
• Retirement: PERS/OPSRP Retirement Contributions
• Optional Deferred Compensation (457)
• Longevity Pay
Join one of the leading forces in community health care in the Portland metropolitan area!
Clackamas County Health Centers Division is looking for a Primary Care Physician committed to working in a collaborative, team-based environment.
This position will give you the opportunity to work with a special segment of the community, from urban to rural residents, impacting the health and well-being of all ages, focusing on the patient as an individual, not a number. We are looking for a medical professional that will promote the philosophy of a comprehensive, team-based, accessible, patient-centered medical home model focused on quality and safety. This position will be working 30 to 32 hours per week.
Clackamas County Health Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) grantee designated by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The Sunnyside Clinic serves an underserved area and population and located in Clackamas, Oregon. Our Federally Qualified Health Centers focus is on surrounding the patient with a multi-disciplinary team that allows a variety of modalities to meet their needs and serve an ethnically and socio¬economically diverse population, ensuring patient access to care.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Excellent leave benefits including 3.6 weeks of vacation, sick leave and 10 paid holidays
• Employer paid 6% retirement contribution ("PERS Pickup")
• Choice of three comprehensive medical and dental plans, including Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
• Chiropractic Coverage and Alternative Care Benefit
• Robust wellness programs including gym discounts and wellness education classes
• Continuing Medical Education (CME)
• DEA certification fees are waived while working as a prescriber at the County's Federally Qualified Health Centers
• Medical Malpractice insurance covered under FQHC
• Loan forgiveness, re-payment and scholarship opportunities through Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA), Oregon Office of Rural Health (Oregon Medicaid Primary Care Loan Repayment Program) and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:*
• Possession of a license to practice medicine in the State of Oregon granted by the Oregon State Board of Medical Examiners (MD or DO)
• Possession of a current DEA license from the Drug Enforcement Administration to prescribe medications or upon hire
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Practice medicine
• Must possess and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate
• Must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. Learn more about the County's drug testing policy.
• Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving, incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation. For position(s) with regular driving, incumbent(s) must also possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment. Learn more about the County's driving policy
*For Veterans qualified for Veteran’s Preference: If you believe you have skills that would transfer well to this position and/or special qualifications that relate to this position, please list those skills and/or qualifications in the open-ended question at the end of the application and explain how those skills and/or qualifications relate to this position.
• Provides direct clinical services to patients; interviews and obtains a complete health history appropriate to individual and/or family including past medical history and current medical information; provides consultation to clinical staff to establish medical treatment plans for patients as needed
• Performs physical examinations to determine nature and extent of symptoms; provides diagnostic assessment, treat/management and follow-up to clients with acute/chronic medical and psychosocial disorders, in addition to other medical needs including prenatal care and family planning
• Diagnoses, treats and controls diseases and physical injuries in a culturally sensitive and appropriate manner for migrant and other under-served/uninsured populations
• Performs, orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic procedures and lab tests; maintains complete and accurate written records of all clients; completes scheduled chart audits and case reviews; consults with and refers individuals to other health care providers and lab tests; provides telephone follow-up and consultation to clients
• Evaluates and recommends improvements to health services; assists in the formulation and review of clinical protocols, policies and procedures; provides professional training and consultation to clinical staff in matters requiring medical judgment; reviews and explains guidelines, policies or standards on clinical procedures, diagnoses, medical ethics or confidentiality
• Maintains professional competence and certification by completing required continuing education hours and attending professional meetings; represents the division to various local, state and national groups.
This position is designated to work 32 hours per week (.80 FTE). Daily hours of 6 to 8 hours (30 to 32 hrs per week) are negotiable, working four days a week.
The Sunnyside Health Center Hours are Monday - Friday 8am to 7pm
Clackamas County only accepts online applications. Please attach your Resume/CV and Cover Letter.
Clackamas County does not offer visa sponsorships. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete an I-9 and confirm authorization to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Clackamas County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the Department of Human Resources prior to the recruitment close date. You may request an accommodation during the online application process.
If selected as a final candidate, you will be required to submit all State Professional Licenses/Certificates, DEA, National Board Certifications, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), BLS level CPR, and degrees (as applicable). Credentialing and Provider Enrollment processes will be completed prior to hire with the help of our Health Centers Credentialing team.
Complete details: https://hrapp.clackamas.us/psc/recruit/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&JobOpeningId=105326&PostingSeq=1&SiteId=1&languageCd=ENG&FOCUS=Applicant