Post Date: 07/07/2020
Close Date: 07/31/2020
Position: Government Affairs Director, Tax and Fiscal Policy
Reports to: President & CEO
Based in: Salem Oregon
Start date: No later than Sept. 1, 2020
Tax & Fiscal Policy Director, Oregon Business & Industry. Oregon Business & Industry, Oregon’s largest statewide general business association, seeks a director of tax and fiscal policy. The position will oversee OBI’s engagement on tax and fiscal issues, primarily on the state level, in both legislative and administrative arenas. The position also oversees retail policy, including management of the Oregon Retail Council. The job is based in Salem, Oregon. The successful candidate will have pertinent experience with tax policy and/or legislative policy development. Please submit a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. July 31, 2020.
The government affairs director, tax and fiscal policy, will be a key leader at OBI. The individual will oversee development and implementation of OBI’s tax and fiscal policy agenda, as well as the retail policy agenda, and the political strategies related to these issue areas. The individual will act as a convenor of the overall business lobby to discuss tax and fiscal policy issues, both at the Legislature and in departmental rule makings. The individual will be directly responsible for management of OBI’s Tax and Fiscal Policy Committee and the Oregon Retail Council, and he/she will work with individual members and partners on specific issues, analyses, outreach campaigns and other efforts on behalf of OBI. The individual will be supported by OBI’s contract lobby team, as well as other members of the OBI staff.
Specific duties include:
• Primary responsibility for tax and fiscal policy issues, both legislatively and administratively.
• Primary responsibility for retail policy.
• Development and maintenance of key partnerships, including business association partners, lobby community, tax policy institutions and other allies.
• Direct management of appropriate committees, including Tax and Fiscal Policy and Retail Council. Regular interaction with the OBI board.
• Member outreach and communications, as appropriate, for policy areas.
• Participation in OBI political outreach, including PAC.