Post Date: 09/05/2019
Close Date: 09/20/2019
POSITION TITLE: QUALITY IMPROVEMENT SPECIALIST DEPARTMENT: CHILD CARE RESOURCE & REFERRAL
OPEN DATE: SEPTEMBER 5, 2019 REPORTS TO: EDUCATION SUPERVISOR
CLOSE DATE: SEPTEMBER 20, 2019 WORK LOCATION: 1001 SW BASELINE, HILLSBORO
HIRING RANGE:* $20.80- $22.88 FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
POSITION STATUS: REGULAR FULL TIME FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.0
WORK HOURS PER WEEK: 40 NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
MONTHS ACTIVE: ALL YEAR LONG POSITIONS SUPERVISED: 0
Under Oregon statute, after July 1, 1996, an offer of employment for this position is contingent upon the results of criminal offender information record check, and possibly fingerprinting, conducted on applicants for employment in early childhood services agencies. Applicants who have been convicted of certain offenses or who refuse to consent to such background checks will not be hired for this position. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Continuation of all positions is contingent upon future funding.
Special Note on Central Background Registry Requirement:
In order to be offered any position within our Head Start program, you must be currently enrolled in Oregon’s Central Background Registry. If you are not currently enrolled, you may still be considered for this position, but no offer of employment may be extended to you until this requirement has been completed. For information on how to enroll in Oregon’s Central Background Registry, please visit www.childcareinoregon.org or call the Office of Child Care at 1.800.556.6616.
*Note on Hiring Range:
For applicants with extensive qualifications and/or years of experience, the new hire maximum rate may be exceeded with the approval of the Director of Human Resources and the Executive Director. If approval is granted, it will be based upon careful review of the applicant’s qualifications, experience, internal equity and budgetary considerations. The final rate approved will typically never be at a rate equal to or above the established market rate for the position.
In support of the Agency’s mission, this position is responsible for delivering high quality culturally appropriate professional development opportunities and coaching that align with Oregon’s Quality Rating Improvement System, Spark.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the development, review and maintenance of early educators’ professional development with state licensing requirements and participation in Spark.
• Assist with providers professional development plans, apply for quality improvement grants and education awards.
• Onboard early educators to participate in cohorts and/or networks.
• Provide technical assistance and support for early educators whose families are receiving Employment Related Day Care (ERDC).
• Recruit and inform early educators on becoming listed with DHS in order to accept families receiving ERDC.
• Inform and advise early educators on progressing through the steps on the Oregon Registry by utilizing our partner database, ORO.
• Responsible for submission of training certificates, Oregon Registry Step applications and scholarship applications.
• Recruit early educators for participation in state licensing requirements and Spark specifically targeting individuals whose first language is other than English, targeting the high needs catchment areas.
• Provide direct technical assistance and instruction to improve program quality and effectiveness, including instruction on Developmentally Appropriate Practices for child care programs and early educators.
• Recruit early educators for professional development opportunities.
• Develop and deliver high quality trainings that align with the Oregon Registry in support of early educators’ professional development.
• Monitor and update data using partner databases (ORO, CCRISP, DHS Citrix and Naccraware) to ensure qualifications and early educator information is current and accurate.
• Write and/or edit articles for CCR&R quarterly newsletter.
• Assist Education Supervisor with state and local reports.
• Develop and maintain forms for early educator cohorts and/or networks.
• Develop and assist in marketing CCR&R services at state and local levels.
• Create calendars, flyers, brochures to support CCR&R services.
• Make presentations on quality child care as needed in the community.
• Attend required trainings and meetings.
• Strictly adhere to all safety policies and procedures at all times and respond/correct any at-risk safety issues immediately.
• Strictly adhere to agency code of ethics and standards of workplace behavior.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs including regular and reliable attendance and adherence to all company workplace behavior standards.
Marginal Functions and Responsibilities:
• Other marginal functions and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a closely related field with a minimum of one year of experience in a child care program. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Enrollment in the Oregon Registry.
• Knowledge, skills and ability to support early educators in the Oregon Registry and Spark.
• A minimum of one year experience supporting adult professional development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge skills and abilities to deliver relationship based professional development and have familiarity with adult learning practices and all learning styles.
• Awareness of structural racism and implicit bias.
• Knowledge of early childhood education issues both state and local.
• Intermediate computer skills to carry out the functions of the job including experience in using and managing databases (ability to manipulate data, design and run reports), proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects.
• Available transportation and proof of auto insurance.
• Enrollment in Oregon Central Background Registry prior to offer of employment being extended.
• Bilingual as needed for the population as reflected in the community.
• Owned and operated a family child care business or center director.
• Oregon Registry Master trainer.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of community members.
Required Licensing or Other Special Certifications:
Required Physical Demands of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work is performed in normal office environment with moderate computer and phone use.
• Local driving in various traffic and weather conditions to provider’s facilities or homes.
• May be required to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• In normal work day, may stand/walk 4 hrs/day; may sit 4 hrs/day; may drive 4 hrs/day; may use hands for repetitive grasping, pushing and pulling, typing and fine manipulation _4_ hrs/day; may use hands at or above shoulder level for _1_ hrs/day.
• In normal work day, may bend, squat, and/or climb frequently.
• Work is light in nature, lifting maximum of 20 lbs with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
How to Apply for this Position:
To be considered we must receive a completed Community Action Employment Application form. You are welcome to also include a cover letter and resume at your option. Transcripts may be required for certain positions. Applications can be completed on our website: www.caowash.org or you can print off the application to complete or pick up the application form at either of our following locations:
Hillsboro – 1001 SW Baseline St, Hillsboro OR 97123
Beaverton – 5050 SW Griffith Dr, Suite 101, Beaverton OR 97005
Be sure to submit your application in a timely manner. If you choose not to complete an online application, you can send your completed application form, optional resume and cover letter and any other required documents via fax at 503.357.6057. If you prefer to mail your application be sure to mail attention Human Resources at the Hillsboro office address above.
All application submissions will be acknowledged with a receipt notification. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you.
COMMUNITY ACTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Community Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state equal employment opportunity laws. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Complete details: https://caowash.applicantpro.com/jobs/