Post Date: 06/03/2020
Close Date: 07/31/2020
Director, Organizational Culture and Development
Are you excited to step into a complex world that requires a blend of mind, heart and flexibility? We at CareOregon have been strengthening communities since 1994 by making health care work for everyone. As a nonprofit health plan largely focused on Oregon’s Medicaid population, we find fulfillment in supporting the underserved.
General Statement of Duties
This position is responsible for the execution of cultural and development strategies across the organization. Primary duties include operational strategic and technical leadership, as well as resource, relationship, and people management. This position provides input into strategic plans for the broader organization, including identifying individual, group and organizational development opportunities by defining, developing, implementing, and evaluating strategies and programs to drive business goals and priorities forward.
Essential Position Functions
• Provide leadership in organization culture development
• Lead the execution of employee engagement strategies
• Define change management processes to improve business performance and to develop an equity-driven culture throughout the organization
• Support change management efforts through impact analysis, key stakeholder identification, communications planning, executive coaching and thought partnership
• Directs employee learning activities across the organization.
• Lead the execution of learning and employee development strategies to meet short- and long-term business needs and position the organization for the future
• Support management by creating learning opportunities to bridge job performance gaps
• Ensure development/procurement of training initiatives on racially, linguistically and culturally sustainable practices, gender differences, disability, sexual harassment, and other topics designed to increase awareness and support of diversity, equity and inclusion values, and maintaining compliance with applicable laws
• Ensure the design and delivery of anti-racism and equity-based curricula to internal and external audiences
• Analyze organizational needs based on short- and long-term business goals
• Gather data and feedback, generating insights to improve the learner experience
• Build awareness and education of our learning and development curriculum (learning and development curriculum – no comma) and practices
• Develops internal systems and measures to ensure effective, efficient, and compliant operations.
• Develops and regularly monitors and reports on performance against metrics.
• Leads innovation, process review, and improvement efforts.
• Empower employees, managers, and leaders to feel ownership of their professional and personal growth through impactful programming and delivery of self-service and ready to use development toolkits and resources
• Create talent development strategies, programs and plans such as career development and employee engagement to meet short- and long-term business needs
• Implement and execute talent strategy aimed at strengthening leadership bench
• Leads the development, execution, and oversight of strategic initiatives, plans, and goals in alignment with organizational vision and goals.
• Develops short- and long-term plans and policies; oversees the development and execution of standard operating procedures.
• Provides input to the strategic plans for the organization.
• Maintains a business unit view while establishing department priorities, being cognizant of broader business unit and organizational impacts.
• Recommends budgets in alignment with short and long term plans.
• Manages resources to ensure priorities are accomplished.
• Approves resource allocations within budget, including people, finances, and timelines; make decisions on exceptions in collaboration with the VP, Human Resources.
• Leads effective communication system for work groups, ensuring a collaborative culture.
• Builds and ensures effective relationships across internal teams and external organizations for current or future integration.
• Partners with internal leaders and managers in identifying improvement plans and processes.
• Represents CareOregon in external meetings and functions, providing productive leadership presence and effectiveness.
• Directs team(s) and establishes team and management goals.
• Provides team members with ongoing understanding of business unit plans and expectations; communicates in a manner that underscores the value of team and staff roles.
• Performs employment functions in collaboration with Human Resources, including staffing, recruitment, performance management, professional development, and termination.
• Coaches, motivates, and recognizes staff.
• Creates opportunities for professional development, including job families, development plans, and regular and constructive feedback.
• Collaboratively develops support models spanning all teams to effectively leverage staff and promote individual development.
• Leads the development of performance goals, measurement, and evaluation of results.
• Ensures participation in required training initiatives and organizational activities, as well as adherence to external regulations and internal policies.
• Drives a culture of accountability and success in alignment with the organizational mission, vision, and values.
Essential Department and Organizational Functions
• Supports and operates in alignment with the organization’s core values.
• Strives to meet work goals that contribute to departmental and organizational goals.
• Adheres to organizational standards, policies and procedures, as well as compliance requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to develop learning and development curriculum utilizing multiple, state-of-the-art delivery methods and distance learning options
• Ability to apply knowledge of learning design and design thinking in creating learning and development solutions for audiences of all levels
• Ability to drive and foster an inspiring work culture
• Ability to manage ambiguity and changing direction of projects and strategies
• Ability to coach at all levels of leadership
• Ability to establish professional effective partnerships and build relationships throughout all levels of the organization
• Ability to apply knowledge of practices and trends in learning delivery
• Ability to facilitate meetings, both face to face and virtually, for all levels within an organization
• Ability to enlist others and lead change through building rapport and demonstrating passion
• Self-starter that demonstrates leadership with or without formal authority
• Ability to translate talent development and OD methodologies into practical business applications
• Possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence and can be flexible and adapt easily
• Inquisitive and able to drill down to find root cause of performance issues – excellent listening skills
• Ability to effectively convey business unit goals and plans ensuring integration into strategic plans and initiatives
• Highly skilled in resource management
• Ability to develop and manage high performing team members, including hiring, goal setting, coaching, performance management, and development
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, including strong presentation skills
• Ability to influence and build consensus
• Skilled in strategic thinking and executing strategy effectively; ability to think at an enterprise level
• Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to contribute to a strong team-based environment
• Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and groups
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 10 years’ experience in adult learning, organizational development, work culture, and/or change management, including minimum 5 years people management experience
Experience in health care or health plan system helpful
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Veterans welcome to apply
For immediate consideration please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete details: https://career4.successfactors.com/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=C0007187026P&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fUS&career_job_req_id=14526&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&