Post Date: 10/07/2019
Close Date: 10/20/2019
Pay range: $35.87 - $44.16 Hourly
This work matters...
As an IT Business Consultant, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, testing and supporting business applications on the Salesforce platform. This job exists so that IT can support the needs of our business partners by rapidly developing custom applications on a platform that allows for both configuration and code based methods.
Your Next Challenge:
Multnomah County IT is seeking an experienced IT Business Consultant to support the emerging business needs of Multnomah County. In this integral member of the Application Services Team, you will be responsible for collaborating with customers to understand their business needs from a strategic perspective and apply a wide range of technologies to address them.
● Develop business cases, project plans, requirement definitions, business process analysis, product evaluations, quality assurance testing, user acceptance test plans, execute implementation, and user support.
● Develop and maintain user training materials, and conduct user training.
● Design, develop, implement, and maintain application components in Salesforce platform including screens, forms, reports, objects, workflows,validation rules, and security controls.
● Integrate Salesforce with third party services.
● Develop, implement , and maintain application components leveraging Salesforce AppExchange packages.
● Meet with customers to understand their business needs, especially from a strategic perspective and be able to apply a wide range of technologies to address them.
● Advise customers and their business partners of alternative solutions and associated costs and facilitate their decision-making process.
● Act as project manager for the specific stages of IT projects and phase reviews.
● Understand, support and use the Agile/Scrum development methodology.
Who we are: Multnomah County IT is one of the most innovative government IT organizations in the nation, dynamically aligning itself with emerging industry trends. We are a group of creative, smart, and talented people who foster an inclusive environment of collaboration and fun. Our strength is the diversity of our people.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university or equivalent practical and relevant experience.
● Four (4) years of IT business consulting experience managing relationships and the demand for IT services with primary focus in application systems.
● At least one (1) experience in one or more customer business functions
● This position must pass a criminal history records check.
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills*: You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify however keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills.
● Salesforce Application Development: This includes the basic ability to perform Administration, Configuration, and Development on Salesforce platform.
*Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experiences that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
Screening and Evaluation:
The Application Packet:
● A completed online application.
● A resume covering relevant experience and education. Please be sure your resume includes the following for each employer: name of employer, location, dates of employment, your title, a brief summary of your responsibilities, the number of employees under your supervision.
● A cover letter that expands on your resume
Note: The application, resume and cover letter should demonstrate your work experience/skills and how it is related to those shown in the Overview and To Qualify sections of the job announcement. Please be thorough, as these materials will be scored and determine your eligibility for an interview.
The Selection Process: For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page. We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
● Initial review of minimum qualifications: We may do an additional preferred review and/or send out additional supplemental questions to identify those highest qualified
● Technical Exam: Allow up to two hours to complete. Some completed online and some in person.
● Consideration of top candidates: We will consider qualified candidates in order of rank and score from the list of eligible candidates. This may include panel interview(s), a hiring interview, and/or additional testing to determine the best candidates for a position.
● Background check and reference checks: All finalists must pass a thorough a criminal records check and reference check.
This recruitment may be used to fill full-time, part-time, temporary, limited duration and on-call positions.
Type of Position: This hourly, local 88 union-represented position is eligible for overtime.
Location: 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Suite 400
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. There is some flexibility with the start and end times and a possibility of a 9/80 schedule.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference. Multnomah County is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We request priority protected veteran referrals.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply. Note: Veterans' Preference does not apply in a transfer process.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
Questions? Please contact the recruiter.
Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process. This process is subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer:This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.