Post Date: 04/10/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
Functions/Duties of Position
The Administrative Manager and Special Assistant to the President provides a high level of support to the university President and supervises the Executive Support team in the President’s office. This position reports to the Chief of Staff. This position is highly visible and is responsible for a wide range of responsibilities in supporting the President, creating and ensuring a strong central point of communication among OHSU executive staff at all levels, and lead a high performing executive support team. Additionally in coordination with the Chief of Staff ,the Administrative Manager will help organize and prioritize President’s time with external stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PEFORMANCE STANDARDS:
•Supervises the President’s Office Executive Support team. This position leads, coaches, mentors and develops team members; promotes a highly productive and collaborative approach to supporting executives and demonstrates exceptional customer service; develops and ensures strong communication among team members. S/he recruits and hires team members and develops and implements onboarding and training plans. Contribute to the professional development of staff in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. With the input of the various executives, the Supervisor completes annual performance appraisals for the Executive Support team. S/he assigns and adjusts the Executive Support team members’ workload to ensure projects can be completed and office duties are covered (e.g. answering main telephone line, distributing mail, greeting visitors, ensuring proper inventory of supplies and back up support to executives).
• Supports the OHSU President. S/he will work with the President’s Executive Assistant to ensures the President’s calendar, triages his incoming and outgoing email upon request, addresses complex scheduling priorities and day-to-day activities to support productivity and efficiency; ensures seamless communication, advising the President of his/her commitments and obligations. S/he ensures phone inquiries, reviews and sorts the President’s mail, determines disposition of written communications, and furnishes information required to reply to correspondence and other inquiries. The Supervisor arranges individual and group meetings with university officials, government officials, high profile donors, providers, consultants, community partners and other internal and external stakeholders. S/he composes, edits, proofreads, and stores/files documents for the President, ensuring sensitive and confidential documents are properly managed. Documents may include correspondence, confidential briefings, meeting agendas and minutes, organizational charts, presentations, reports, proposals, agreements, contracts and personnel documents. S/he arranges all domestic and international travel for the President, ensuring timely reimbursement of all related expenses. The Supervisor also handles all necessary travel arrangements for the President’s spouse when s/he accompanies him/her on university business. Coordinates and initiates all arrangements for special events frequently held at the President’s residence. Maintains an events calendar for the president’s spouse, ensuring all event that require his/her presence are posted and necessary materials provided to him/her well in advance of the event.
•Coordinates and initiates support from Communications for speaking engagements.
• Organizes and maintains President’s office personnel files for staff and the university executive team. Ensures the President is completing the necessary performance reviews and other human resources related processes for his/her direct reports. Prepares and submits the annual budgets, monitors department budgetary expenditures, tracks and processes expenditures in a timely manner.
•President’s Leadership Role & Special Projects:
◦ Responsible for internal relationship building and outreach. Working with the Chief of Staff, helps to ensure that the President is able to anticipate challenges, manage relationships appropriately, and influence/intervene in internal processes in constructive ways at decisive moments.
◦ Provides Staffing Support to the Art Committee Will use the University project management system to provide regular reports the President and Chief of Staff.
◦ Helps support and coordinate internal Presidential communications
•Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, e.g. Business.
•(3) years leadership experience managing a team.
•Five (5) years of experience working for a senior level executive.
•Well demonstrated professional communication skills, written and verbal.
•Advanced level skill in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Apple equivalents. Expertise learning databases.
•Experience with Visio, and Publisher Project.
•Demonstrated skill in learning new technology and software quickly.
•Ability to manage complex scheduling priorities and coordinate day-to day internal and external activities for the university’s President.
•Demonstrated ability to employ highly refined critical thinking skills in his/her work and expertise in exercising tact and good discretion in representing the President and the organization.
•Ability to anticipate and address needs and issues; manage changing priorities; manage change in a positive manner.
•Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
•Self-motivated and demonstrated skill in acting as a role model with consistent and exemplary professional behavior.
•Demonstrated high level of organizational skills, tracking, and follow through on tasks and projects; ability to quickly prioritize multiple projects and manage competing demands.
•Demonstrated ability to think and act independently.
•Capable of researching assigned projects and crafting insightful executive summaries.
•Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings, prepare agendas and summarize follow up items.
•Exceptional knowledge and skill to manage sensitive and confidential information.
•Experience managing, planning and coordinating events; project management skills.
•Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
• MBA or MPA or equivalent.
•Experience at a University or Academic Health Center.
•Expertise with SharePoint.
•Experience using Oracle.
•Project Management Software.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Getting to Work:
Commuting to OHSU is a unique experience and planning ahead for your first visit is highly recommended. Parking at OHSU is limited and employees are required to purchase a permit to access parking. OHSU is committed to reducing traffic congestion and rewards commuters for a variety of options. Learn about cash incentives, free shuttles, transit discounts, the aerial tram, dynamic carpooling, free ride share for early and late commuting, and request a custom trip plan at www.ohsu.edu/commute.
How To Apply - https://www.ohsu.edu/human-resources - Apply to Jobs IRC81417