Post Date: 07/16/2019
Close Date: 09/14/2019
Title: Lead teacher
Department: School Age
Reports To: Site Director
Wage: $14.50-16.50 per hour DOE
Who we are: Neighborhood House has been bringing the community together to help neighbors in need since 1905. We’re here for families facing hunger and homelessness, vulnerable seniors and children who need help in school.
What we do: Our programs help low-income, recent-immigrant and other vulnerable people overcome challenges so they can achieve success, stability and independence.
This is a teaching position for a before and after school program with kids ages 5-12 at either Boise-Eliot/ Humboldt, Sabin or Martin Luther King Jr Schools. A lead teacher helps support the site director by developing and teaching curriculum each day as well as supporting students in social and emotional development. The lead teacher also serves as the substitute site director and should be able to manage the site in the absence of the site director. This position requires a person who is reliable, flexible and can take initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with children ages 5-12 in a before and after school program using PBIS
• Communicate with parents at drop of and pick up about specifics of each child’s day
• Attend all meetings or trainings
• Help to obtain and serve snacks
• Work with the site director to develop curriculum and activities for the classroom a minimum of two weeks in advance of planned teaching date (and submit to site director)
• Assist site director with any delegated duties such as turning in payments and paperwork to the main center, making copies, and maintaining compliance with licensing rules
• Become familiar with and adhere to licensing regulations for the program and school rules and requirements
• Professionally collaborate with members of your site as well as other Neighborhood House sites
• Work with children with a 15 to 1 ratio, assisting with homework and structured group activities as well as supervising free choice and recess
• Help site director to create and maintain behavior plans when needed
• Report to the site director
• Help to train new staff by reviewing expectations with them and coaching them through their first days on staff
• Respond daily to email, phone calls or other communication from site director, program director or Human Resources
• Obtain 24 hours of training each licensing year and submit to ORO
• Arrive on time to participate in team meetings or prepare the site for children
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• At least 1 year of experience working with children in a licensed facility or comparable program
• Dedicated, reliable, organized with a strong interest in children and/ or education
• Knowledge of child development for ages K-12 with documentation to prove such as college transcripts, training certificates, CDA or at least step 7 in the Oregon Registry
• Have or able to get immediately CPR/ First Aid Certification, Food Handler’s Card, RCAAN certification and Oregon Central Background registry number
• Basic knowledge of the internet
This is a shortened job posting, to view the job description in full, please click one of the links below.
Via Email: Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
You may also apply for the position via email if the above links aren't working for you, we just ask that you please try the application through ADP first before emailing.
Please be sure to include the posting title you are applying for, and also where you heard about this position.
Complete details: www.nhpdx.org