Post Date: 07/25/2019
Close Date: 08/16/2019
At Metro, we play a big role in helping the greater Portland region plan a sustainable future – and we believe in walking our talk. That's why we're looking for a smart, experienced and innovative Climate Analyst to help Metro reduce our carbon emissions across our business operations.
If you're the right person for the job, you'll be ready to research, analyze, champion, plan and implement strategies that advance progress toward Metro's climate goal across our diverse portfolio of facilities and services, including the Oregon Zoo, Oregon Convention Center, Portland'5 Centers for the Arts, Metro Regional Center, garbage transfer stations and regional parks.
As Metro's Climate Analyst, you will play a critical role in helping Metro reach its ambitious climate goal for internal operations, honing Metro's strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from all sources, including energy, fleet and fuels, and supply chain. Your work will include researching best practices and analyzing data to recommend targeted strategies and actions. You will work with diverse stakeholders across Metro's facilities, venues and departments to put these strategies into action, ensuring that these strategies are aligned with Metro's Strategic Plan to Advance Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
The ideal candidate has expertise in energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable fleet, low carbon purchasing and other climate-related strategies; gets excited about using research and data to guide decisions; and has a track record of working effectively as part of a team of diverse stakeholders.
At Metro we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• A minimum of two years of experience in climate mitigation work, such as energy efficiency, renewable energy, electric vehicles, and low carbon fuels; AND
• A bachelor's degree in sustainability, environmental science or another relevant field; OR
• Any combination or education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job.
• Experience developing climate mitigation strategies for internal business operations.
• Experience with sustainable design and green building (such as LEED certification)
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with conducting a greenhouse gas inventory