Post Date: 09/03/2019
Close Date: 10/31/2019
Central City Concern’s (CCC) Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland, Oregon (clinic and housing) that will give vulnerable people access to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
CCC is hiring employees to help lift this project to national prominence. Known for innovative programming already, CCC now moves toward a first-of-its-kind operating model (including key changes such as centralized intake and integrated care teams) in a more diverse community and a landscape of new potential community partners. About 40 percent of East Portland’s population are immigrants and from communities of color. We strive to be a true reflection of the community and design our services and teams to achieve a culturally responsive place for our clients.
Our innovative, comprehensive services focuses on the whole person and their well-being. Our guiding principles drive this work to be:
integrated; in collaboration with community partners
focused on diversity, equity and inclusion; and
sustainable for long-term success.
Join us in this innovative and impactful work! CCC values lived experience and multilingual individuals in its hiring practices. Training and advancement opportunities are embedded in our culture and staff members support one another in their professional endeavors.
TITLE: On Call Blackburn Alcohol & Drug (SUD) Counselor I or II
DEPARTMENT: SUDS/Blackburn Center
REPORTS TO: SUDS Clinical Program Manager
SALARY: $19.38-$22.58 Hourly DOE
SCHEDULE: On Call position. Schedule varies. On Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on payroll.
SUMMARY: The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that will offer integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
This position will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team at the Blackburn Center to deliver comprehensive, person-centered, integrated services to the Portland Eastside community. The SUD Counselor works as a member of a treatment team providing substance abuse treatment and case management. The team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, physical health management, mental health management, accessing affordable housing, accessing employment and educational opportunities.
1. Must have High School Diploma or GED, advanced degree preferred.
2. The following requirements for CADC:
a. A&D Counselor I requires CADC I
b. A&D Counselor II requires CADCII
3. Bilingual A&D Counselors must demonstrate proficiency in secondary language.
4. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
5. Must have BLS/CPR training and certification.
6. Must have experience working in chemical dependency treatment, preferably with
outpatient adults who have been adjudicated to treatment and/or people with cooccurring
mental health disorders.
7. Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and skills in group facilitation
8. Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge and skills in evidence-based
treatment methods utilized in the treatment of addiction and trauma-informed
9. Knowledge and skills in de-escalation methods or ability to be trained in deescalation
10. Knowledge and skills in crisis intervention.
11. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of community and social service
agencies with the ability to provide case management services as needed.
12. Must be able to work a range of hours.
13. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under
independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two
14. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach,
pull and lift heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no
15. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and criminal background
check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
16. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a
DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the
Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
17. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
18. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic
backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual
orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs