Post Date: 12/12/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2020
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
PROGRAM SUPERVISOR II
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, located at a residential Supportive Housing facility in Wilsonville, OR. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
The Program Supervisor works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment for residents living within the supportive housing facility, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Program Supervisor II understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately transitioning to a less restrictive setting. The Program Supervisor II assures that program activities are administered in cooperation with treatment team members and as directed by the Program Manager. The Program Supervisor II provides general and specific direction to team members is responsible for management of the program milieu.
- The incumbent must possess a Master’s degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university.
- This position must demonstrate the competencies as outlined with Oar 309-016-0005 to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP). This includes the ability to conduct a mental health assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM.
- Experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness. A minimum of 1 year of clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Experience providing supervision is a preferred.
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing and the components of maintaining a Trauma Informed Care environment
- Understanding of principles of Illness Management and Recovery, and the skills to provide strengths-based services
- Operate Computer hardware and software at a level to effectively perform the job functions
- Possess a valid driver’s license, three-year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, or age.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)