Post Date: 03/02/2020
Close Date: 05/04/2020
Engineering Technician Preservation Management – Public Works
Clark County Public Works looks for people who can grow, think, lead and inspire. We seek leaders, achievers and doers who bring skill, passion and commitment to public service.
You enjoy FLEXIBILITY in your working environment. You want to make an IMPACT in the work that you do and you THRIVE working as part of a team. If this sounds like you then I invite you to learn more about this challenging role.
As an Engineering Technician with Preservation Management, you will get to enjoy working both in an office setting and outdoors. You will provide support for the department engineers by performing calculations, information gathering and record keeping. You will perform asset management functions for pavements, culverts, structures, and other transportation assets.
This position is represented by Local 17, Professional and Technical Employees.
This position is upon until filled with a first review date of March 13, 2020.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities will be considered.
• An Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology
• Three (3) years of experience in construction inspection, civil engineering role
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field may be substituted for the required experience
The ideal candidate will have the following strengths:
• Responsible for timely collection and submission of time records
• Have thorough knowledge of all paperwork requirements
• Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects utilizing organizational skills and communications skills.
• Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate completion of work, and a strong commitment to company goals.
• Must be capable of functioning under fast paced, stressful working conditions.
• Able to comprehend The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) standards and procedures
• Work in the area of moving traffic
• Ensuring the safety of self and fellow co-workers
• Team player attitude
• Safety conscious
• Ability to work outside (hot/cold temperatures)
• Potential to wear respiratory protection
• Must be able to pass a drug test
• Must have a valid driver’s license at time of hire
Knowledge of: Basic engineering principles, practices, the techniques and equipment involved physical and mathematical sciences, basic construction practices and safety requirements.
Ability to: Interpret construction plans and specifications, use a personal computer, interact with the public and/or contractors, operate basic surveying and test equipment, and perform technical research work on routine engineering problems.
HOW TO APPLY:
An online application is required. For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clark County is committed to increasing the ethnic, cultural and social diversity of its workforce and ensuring that diversity is a key priority of our organization. We are committed to providing equal opportunity and access regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, marital status, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a disabled person, sexual orientation/gender identity, veteran status or any other status protected by law. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Clark County’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan is available at http://www.clark.wa.gov/human-resources/documents
If you are in need of ADA/Section 504 assistance for accommodations, please contact Human Resources at (360) 397-2456; Relay (800) 833-6388.
Salary Grade: Local 17 Engineers.207 ($26.82 - $34.25) per hour
Close Date: Open Until Filled