Post Date: 08/21/2019
Close Date: 09/21/2019
We are ThinkShout, a Portland-grown, certified B Corp dedicated to helping progressive organizations change the world through creative strategies and digital solutions.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Sales with a proven track record of developing proposals, budgets, and pitches, as well as establishing and meeting sales targets, all guided by a strong desire to help nonprofits and social good organizations.
- Lead ThinkShout’s sales operations and partner with members of the leadership team to maintain a stable pipeline that supports sales goals.
- Identify new opportunities, write proposals, and participate in the sales process through best and final presentations.
- Work with ThinkShout’s leadership team to establish revenue and growth targets and track progress against the forecast.
- Manage the sales budget.
- Identify opportunities to develop new business in new and existing verticals.
- Represent ThinkShout at a range of industry conferences as well as identify the best opportunities for sponsorship and thought leadership.
- Develop deep understanding of ThinkShout’s service offerings and processes, and recommend improvements.
- Advise the executive team in leading all aspects of the organization through the lens of business development.
- Proven success in proposal writing and client relationship management; demonstrated ability to turn around high-quality proposals, preferably in an agency environment.
- Proven ability to engage with key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, particularly the executive level.
- Experience developing proposal budgets. Experience managing a project to a budget and internal budget management strongly preferred.
- Background in digital strategy with nonprofit and agency experience strongly preferred.
- Account management and people management experience preferred.
- Excellent writer who is comfortable researching and communicating complex information in clear, concrete terms.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Proven ability to inspire with visionary ideas supported by detailed recommendations.
- Authentic and honest; active listener and exceptional presenter.
Apply at: https://thinkshout.workable.com/jobs/1108887
Send us a cover letter focusing on why you're interested in a career at ThinkShout and a resume in PDF format. Please include links to your online presence, portfolio, or personal website within your resume. You should also provide as many of the following details as possible:
- Information about your sales and account management philosophy.
- Information about how your background will make you a great match for this role.
- Information about your experience connecting with diverse audiences and communities.
- Any questions you might have for us here at ThinkShout.
This is a full-time position based in our office in downtown Portland, OR. Local candidates are preferred and relocation funds are available. We have a strong focus on work/life balance with a flexible office hours policy. This position may involve up to 25% travel, including sales meetings and attendance at conferences.
The salary band for this position is $95k-135k. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Matching 401k
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- 30 days of PTO annually, including holidays
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Professional development funds
ThinkShout is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. A diverse workplace strengthens the work of all employees, ensures that the organization has the strongest staff possible, and enables all employees to collectively and more completely pursue the fulfillment of our mission, vision, and values. ThinkShout is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Complete details: https://thinkshout.workable.com/jobs/1108887