Post Date: 12/05/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Inspiring Hope. Empowering Independence. For 50 years, Impact NW has been a leader in providing individuals of all ages with the skills and resources necessary to achieve success and to advocate for themselves and their communities. Impact is a diverse organization. We value the cultural, educational, ethnic and religious diversity of our team members. Our employees are passionate and compassionate and they are our strength in supporting our mission. Impact is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified individuals.
Position Title: Girls Fitness Coach - Jackson Middle School
JOB SUMMARY: The girls fitness coach will work with the SUN Site Manager, head coach, and Extended Day Coordinator to provide opportunities for middle schoolers to learn fitness principles, sportsmanship, and sports skills and knowledge. The coach will also serve as mentor and role model for young women who need more adults they can connect with at school.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Teach or assist instructors in running fitness activities
• Supervise groups of 12-18 children, ages 11-13
• Connect with and inspire young women and female-identified youth. Devote some time in each session to social/emotional learning.
• Act as a positive role-model for students. Be their ally, their biggest fan, and hold them accountable.
• Participate and implement support program safety to ensure students are in a safe environment.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience providing academic and recreational activities to students in after school environments.
• Experience serving as a role model for young women and female-identified youth
• Knowledge of basketball and general sports skills, rules, and practice drills
• Ability to effectively work within a strengths-based, integrated youth support service delivery system.
• Sensitivity and ability to relate to people from diverse lifestyles, socioeconomic levels, and cultures
Impact NW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates and candidates who support diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, veteran status, disability or other status protected by applicable law