Post Date: 01/09/2019
Close Date: 01/22/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Project Manager to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Senior IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing the execution of comprehensive or high-risk project plans, budgets, schedules and controls from project initiation to project close out.
In this role, you will lead the decision-making process for the detailed requirements, design, testing, training and start-up operations related to the development and implementation efforts of achieving the long-term goals of the agency.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced IT Project Manager, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified as management service, non-supervisory and is not represented by a union.
This position will be located in Salem at 3990 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
Seven years of professional level experience related to Project Management.
Six years of professional level experience related to Project Management AND an Oregon Project Associate Certification.
Four years of professional level experience related to Project Management AND a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a closely related field.
Two years of professional level experience related to Project Management AND Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
• Experience managing multi-million-dollar projects related to COTS implementation, software/solution development, and/or organizational transformations.
• Management experience in risk mitigation and project stewardship.
• Ability to apply knowledge of Project Management in ambiguous and unique circumstances while managing a cross-functional team with internal matrix resources and external contractors.
• Current Project Management experience using best practices and standard methodologies such as PMBOK and PRINCE 2.
• Ability to recognize and anticipate emerging project risks, business priorities, and to address those developments through risk mitigation, contingency plans and communication strategies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to navigate within a complex organization with loosely defined structure and boundaries.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.