Post Date: 03/11/2020
Close Date: 04/15/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join an excellent team, manage priority projects and work to advance their IT operations.
This position is under the classification Information Systems Specialist 8.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Technical Project Manager, you will provide leadership, project management and technology expertise for a wide variety of technology projects, many of which are major projects that are complex, multi-platform, multi-vendor and distributed statewide. Your responsibilities will include leading decision-making processes for the analysis, design, development, testing, training and implementation efforts that achieve the long-term goals for the Oregon Health Authority and Department of Human Services.
In this role, your project management work will include a variety of tasks and activities. Project activities can be technical such as large-scale hardware implementations; off-premise system upgrades; software enhancements that may be developed internally or by a vendor; data migrations; development of new data access methods; change control management; and system performance improvements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Technical Project Management. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Strong experience with Software Development Projects.
• Experience mentoring and providing project oversight.
• Experience managing large complex multi-million-dollar IT projects encompassing multiple areas of IT.
• Five (5) years of IT Project Management experience in the last 7 years using structured project management methodologies and industry standard project management best practices.
• Successful application of IT project management knowledge in ambiguous and unique circumstances while managing a cross-functional team with internal matrix resources and external contractors.
• Successful navigation of complex organizations with occasionally loosely defined structure and boundaries.
• Superior communications and interpersonal soft skills.
• Adept at recognizing and anticipating emerging project risks, business priorities, and addressing these through risk mitigation, contingency plans and communication strategies.
• Demonstrated management experience in project stewardship – i.e. given the constraints and budget, the client’s success criteria and expectations are met and project costs are controlled.
• Experience coaching, mentoring and sharing knowledge with less experienced colleagues and team members.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.