Post Date: 07/16/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
Close Date: Open Until Filled
***Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume to their application in order to be considered for this opportunity.***
TITLE: RCP Case Manager Swing/Overnight– On Call
DEPARTMENT: Blackburn Center Recuperative Care Program
REPORTS TO: RCP Supervisor
SCHEDULE: On Call. Must be available to work Swing Shift (4:00pm to 12:30am and/or Overnight Shift (12pm to 8:30am). On Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on payroll.
SUMMARY: The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that will offer integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
The Recuperative Care On-call Case Manager fills in for swing/overnight staff and works as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management for patients in a post-hospital recuperative care program for adults facing homelessness at discharge. The team is focused on working with partner hospitals and referring agencies to provide for the acute and ongoing medical care for patients at the Blackburn Center, providing short-term supportive housing, crisis management, referral to appropriate substance abuse, physical health, and mental health treatment, access to benefits and entitlements, appropriate and affordable housing, as part of a comprehensive approach to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. One year + experience working in medical clinic, hospital, or other healthcare setting.
3. Medical Case Management/Care Coordination/Recuperative Care experience preferred. Those with relevant lived experience are encouraged to apply.
4. Must have an understanding of the causes of homelessness, the medical and psychosocial sequelae of homelessness, and the systems and processes used to help clients secure and maintain stable housing.
5. Must have current Healthcare Provider CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain within first 30 days of employment.
6. Must have a working knowledge of medical terminology.
7. Must be able to be trained in the use of CCCHS Database programs CCCER and Centricity.
8. Must have non-violent de-escalation training, or complete within 90 days of hire.
9. Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
10. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
11. If in recovery, must be currently clean and sober.
12. Must have excellent reading and comprehension skills.
13. Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays and on-call hours when necessary for the program.
14. Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
15. Must be able to work efficiently in a very fast paced environment.
16. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift up to 50 pounds, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
17. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit and the ability obtain ID-Badge at Partner Hospitals.
18. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
19. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and patients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs