Post Date: 10/04/2019
Close Date: 10/18/2019
POSITION: IT Client Technical Analyst
SALARY: $54,933.00 - $83,711.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 10/18/19 05:00 PM
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
The Port of Portland is a gateway to the globe, we operate multiple airports, marine terminals and business parks. Our international airport, PDX, has been recognized as the number one airport for seven years in a row and that's all about our people! Providing first-class customer service and support for clients at all levels of the organization, ensuring they receive resolution in a prompt, professional and personable manner is what this job is all about. The Client Technical Analyst role is the first line of technical support for internal clients, providing the interface between the Port's information technology systems and hardware and their day-to-day work. We provide a wide range of IT services, and act as the clearing house for virtually all IT-related requests for our staff.
Successful candidates will have a solid understanding of Information Technology with excellent troubleshooting capabilities and exhibit a strong sense of team-orientation. You understand and wholly embrace the value and importance of service and you also understand the lasting value exceeding expectations has when working with clients. This individual will share our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Thrive on helping others by providing excellent customer service for technical assistance, inquiries, and concerns
- Bring your mastery of customer service to ensure all requests are resolved in a prompt, professional and personable manner, exceeding client expectations
- Provide information and assistance to clients regarding application usage and interactions with other systems
- Utilize ticket management systems for entry, assignment, tracking, resolution and documentation
- Collaborate with other IT staff, working as a team member on department and division IT initiatives
- Communicate client feedback for management review, including enhancement suggestions and frequently asked questions
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting documentation for applications, update logs, and help build and curate a client knowledgebase.
- Perform PC builds and hardware configurations following Port standard and custom configurations
- Execute installations and repair of desktop hardware & software, printers and other peripherals devices
- Facilitate the physical move of hardware between work areas or locations
- Monitor system hardware and software, proactively notify clients of system outages, necessary maintenance actions and system performance concerns
- Work collaboratively with other IT teams to ensure timely escalation of issues during outages or peak periods
- Provide client training and guidance for new and existing software and hardware
- Oversee the maintenance, and operation of audio-visual systems throughout Port facilities, providing event support and AV operation when needed
- Support the Port's fleet of multi-function printer devices at all Port locations, escalating issues to our business partners when needed.
- Support for the Port's mobile device programs, including "bring your own device" and corporate equipment using industry leading Mobile Device Management systems
- Work on special projects, individually assigned, working with business areas to analyze needs, assess options, and assist in implementing solutions requiring new technology, tools and/or equipment
- Be a knowledgeable representative and advocate for the Port's IT policies including information security
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, organizational design is desired OR any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the job duties (required)
- Two years of relevant experience in computer systems support
- Advanced knowledge of Office suite software products including current and previous versions
- Familiarity with current and legacy desktop hardware and enterprise class peripherals including network printers, scanners, and multi-function copiers
- Working knowledge and experience with desktop management and deployment solutions (e.g. Microsoft SCCM - System Center Configuration Manager)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell, with the ability to write basic scripts from scratch and to interpret and modify existing scripts
- Understanding of desktop software product licensing and the importance of software license compliance
- Knowledge of asset inventory and maintenance best practices and industry practices and applications (required)
- Ability to participate in on-call after hours rotation with other team members (required)
- Ability to obtain security badging at PDX and/or Port facilities, which require a criminal background check
- Knowledge of industry standard IT Services Management (ITSM) frameworks such as ITIL V3/4 is preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional customer service orientation and communications ability to bring concerns to resolution leaving the client with an exceptional experience
- Highly skilled with keen technical aptitude for troubleshooting and experience covering desktop hardware, operating systems, desktop applications, Local Area Network (LAN) technologies, and audio-visual systems
- Shows the utmost respect for others and is a proven team player with multiple user groups across all levels of an organization
- Demonstrate the Port's commitment to valuing differences among individuals and passion for being inclusive
- Work as a member of a team where excellent communication with co-workers is a critical requirement
- Provide first-class support for clients at all levels of the organization
- Always maintain asset tracking information for desktop hardware and peripherals with a high degree of accuracy
- Multi-task and prioritize multiple work threads effectively with limited or broad supervision
Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that he or she needs an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6690
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position