Post Date: 06/12/2019
Close Date: 06/25/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent classified Administrative Assistant 2 in the Office of Instruction.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Transcribe and post detailed minutes to serve as the official record for Tenure Review Committee meetings.
• Provide clerical support for assigned meetings, including set-up, minute taking, and scheduling/making room reservations for meetings with faculty, administrators and students within strict contractual timelines.
• Track all contractually required evaluative components of the process for each committee, ensuring all materials are submitted, recorded and posted in compliance with the established deadlines outlined in the CC/AHE Faculty Contract and Washington State statutes.
• Address questions and concerns; assist committees with SharePoint logistics; serve as a program expert for tenure review committee members.
• Maintain clear communication with members of the tenure support office, the Office of Instruction and the college community, following professional standards of email, phone, and office etiquette.
• Create and maintain accurate and consistent files, including annual audits of electronic (SharePoint) and paper portfolios.
• Maintain accuracy and confidentiality of all tenure review process records, files and communications in compliance with institutional policies and state statutes.
• Support the Faculty Excellence Committee with applications/documentation, agendas, meeting minutes, and processing notifications.
• Prepare, capture and distribute student evaluations from EvaluationKit within the established timelines.
• Assist with updating and maintaining the online tenure review committee and process handbook.
• Assist with tenure committee and other trainings.
• Work collaboratively with other offices and individuals across the college.
• Provide additional support for special projects as assigned, such as tenure reception planning.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: High school graduation or equivalent. Associate’s degree is preferred.
• Diversity: Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Experience: Demonstrated experience in office OR administrative support work. Experience taking detailed meeting notes; formal minutes experience and laptop or tablet use preferred.
• Computer Skills: Experience using MS Word, Outlook, SharePoint and Excel (or comparable software/systems). Ability to learn and utilize new technology. Minimum typing speed of 45WPM, with 55+WPM preferred.
• Interpersonal Communication: Effectively build and maintain collaborative relationships within the office and across the college.
• Problem Solving Skills: Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking and generate solutions when navigating challenging situations.
• Confidentiality: Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with tenure office standards.
• Coordination and Organizational Skills: Effectively organize, prioritize and manage workflow to meet contractual deadlines and ensure smooth tenure process operations.
• Self-directed: Demonstrate the ability to produce accurate and timely work with minimal supervision; seeks and acts on opportunities to improve, streamline, and re-invent work processes and is receptive to new ideas.
• Customer Service: Provide accurate and consistent service in supporting faculty, administrators, students, and staff.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to attend meetings held at satellite locations.
• Ability to work effectively and in a professional manner in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn college-wide systems and how they interface with the Office of Instruction.
• Ability and willingness to effectively manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule to attend meetings that may start before 8:00 a.m. or end after 5:00 p.m.
• Ability to maintain positive working relationships and appropriately navigate high-pressure situations.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $2,638/month Range: 35 Code: 105F
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., June 24th, 2019.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
June 11th, 2019
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs