Post Date: 01/28/2020
Close Date: 12/30/2020
Job Title: Seasonal Maintenance Worker (Open Continuous)
Salary: $15.21 Hourly
Closing Date: Wed. 12/30/20 11:59 PM Pacific Time
This recruitment will remain open for 11 months. The first application review consists of all applications received by 11:59 pm February 10, 2020. The City of Portland is now accepting applications for Seasonal Maintenance Workers. Candidates that apply may be considered for a position in Portland Parks & Recreation, Portland Bureau of Transportation, and Portland Water Bureau. These are seasonal positions and vary in employment up to a maximum of 1400 hours per calendar year. Positions will be filled throughout the year. Wages are $15.21 per hour, with some benefits.
Seasonal Maintenance Workers learn to perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled duties, including:
• Assisting journey level employees in performing the manual and semi-skilled tasks related to their work
• Assisting with work zone traffic control, placing barricades and flagging traffic (Portland Bureau of Transportation / PBOT)
• Operating sedans, pick-ups, smaller flatbed and dump trucks and other automotive equipment not requiring a Commercial Driver's License to transport employees, materials and equipment to worksites; performing pre- and post-trip safety inspection of vehicles
• Operating a variety of hand-held power tools, including drills, saws, grinders, sanders and other similar power tools
• Performing related duties as assigned, working independently or as part of a crew under supervision
For more information and apply, please visit http://bit.ly/2RCGrjz.
Complete details: http://bit.ly/2RCGrjz