Post Date: 03/02/2020
Close Date: 04/30/2020
Senior Advisor - eLearning
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Senior Advisor – eLearning for our Center for Learning Design and Development.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Provide project and instructional design leadership to teams creating high-quality online tutorials, educational websites, web-based learning modules, social learning, communities of practice and a variety of other distance learning and performance-support products.
• Coordinate project schedules, workflows, and processes, including identifying and implementing appropriate design and production methodologies to achieve project goals and complete projects on schedule and within budget. Assess project activities, prepare reports as needed, and make recommendations for ongoing improvement to workflow processes.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Serve as primary liaison to external clients on assigned projects, providing guidance and consultation on instructional design best practices, negotiating project schedules and milestones, and regularly updating clients as well as internal and external partners and supervisors on project status and any potential concerns.
• Participate in building the sustainability and capacity of the Learning Design and Development group and organization as a whole, through contributions to project proposals and helping to lead business development efforts, including cultivating new work relationships.
• Provide guidance to team members regarding interactivity, features, graphics, navigation, consistency, testing and tracking and end-user features consistent with effective practices in instructional design.
• Develop assessments, design documents, storyboards, scripts, user-testing protocols, and other product-development documentation. Develop prototypes and online modules using rapid e-learning authoring tools as needed.
• Serve as a lead instructional designer on one or more projects adapting source content to a variety of distance delivery media as well as working with other instructional designers across projects.
• Apply innovative thinking and creative solutions that reflect client needs, learner assessment, content, and budget.
• Maintain close communication with supervisors, particularly regarding budget and staffing, personnel issues, and partner challenges.
• Advance the mission and extend the name recognition of the organization by participating in professional organizations, seeking opportunities to present work or research to external audiences, and cultivating networks of relationships with stakeholders and fellow practitioners.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will possess
• Bachelor’s degree required, with coursework in instructional design and/or e-learning. Master’s degree preferred.
• Three years of instructional design experience, producing online courses and distance learning products.
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams and manage complex projects.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• Solid understanding of adult learning principles, instructional design methodologies, approaches for evaluating learner outcomes, and current teaching and learning trends.
• Knowledge of a variety of learning and content management systems, authoring tools, graphic-design programs, and social platforms.
• Demonstrated experience designing and adapting source content for a variety of e-learning and web-based experiences.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and quickly to produce high-quality products under tight deadlines.
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Ability to travel by car or common carrier for out of state and rural travel.
• Ability to transport and/or handle moderate sized packages and materials (up to 30 pounds) at on-site locations.
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/app/#openings/379935
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/app/#openings/379935