Post Date: 10/05/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
You’re on your way to becoming a part of the PGE family
A new life in beautiful Oregon with Portland General Electric may be one quick application away.
Let’s skip right to the good stuff — hiring bonuses and employee benefits. We’re offering new journeyman lineman a generous package that rivals other utilities and caters to families:
• $5,000 signing bonus
• $15,000 relocation bonus for candidates outside our service territory (50+ miles from assigned line center) or greater from Portland, Or).
• 401k match of 5% with additional 6% profit share.
• Free safety gear
• Paid vacation days and holidays
• Overtime opportunities (With overtime, the average PGE journeyman lineman made $138k in 2017)
• Excellent health and dental options for all dependents
• Wellness incentives to reward you for staying fit and active
• 25% off your electric bill, if you live in PGE service territory, after six months of employment
You can “Quick Apply” above and fast-track your way to a new career with us.
Journeyman Lineman (U18-010)
$44.91 per hour
The successful candidate will be responsible for construction, operation, and safety of the Company's lines and poles and all equipment attached thereto.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Construct and maintain dead or energized overhead and underground transmission and distribution circuits Install and remove all types of transformers, arresters, fuses, cutouts, switches, and street-lighting equipment.
• Drive articulated boom trucks, ladder trucks, hole-digging and pole-setting equipment, and other equipment associated with distribution and transmission work.
• Perform pole-top rescue as needed.
• Climb poles to perform work.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions
The successful candidate will have:
• Completed an accredited journeyman line apprenticeship program and have taken and passed a journeyman lineman test.
• Proof of apprenticeship hours (upon request)
• Possess a Journeyman Lineman card
• Possess a CDL Class A driver's license and have a good driving record
• Hot stick experience preferred.
• Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA required.
• Pass pre-employment physical and drug screen
• Must be able to climb.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U18-010. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN EXTERNAL JOB POSTING.