Post Date: 08/22/2019
Close Date: 09/16/2019
OCHIN is currently looking for a talented Business Analyst to join our team!
Who is OCHIN?
OCHIN is one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. Here, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices as well as critical access and rural hospitals.
Our corporate office is located in beautiful downtown Portland, Oregon. Working with us, you’ll find challenging projects, a collaborative team, and some of the best employee perks around, including public transportation reimbursement, an onsite gym, community volunteering activities, a generous PTO package, and a Dragon Boat Racing team! Recognized as one of the Top 100 Nonprofits to work for in Oregon. OCHIN is committed to creating a positive and enjoyable workplace for all its employees.
The Business Analyst on the Technology Partner Implementation Team supports the mission of OCHIN by ensuring the efficient and successful delivery of integrated products and services from OCHIN’s preferred technology partners to our member organizations. The primary role of the Business Analyst is to project manage and deliver the contracted product to the member on time and within the scoped hours. He/she will be a subject matter expert in the system(s) supported and know the details of a feature and workflow inside-out. The Business Analyst will juggle competing priorities and navigate through the technical and/or business constraints around a problem in order to drive towards a solution. This position has the option of being located out of our Portland Office or remotely.
* Participate in integration pilot meetings for potential new technology partners (as needed / appropriate) to gain background knowledge on product
* Collaborate with the Innovation & Improvement project manager (PM), Business Development team, Product Owner(s), and vendor to understand the vision and business value for a project or business area
* Once OCHIN’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT) decides to move forward with operationalizing a Master Service Agreement (MSA) with a Preferred Technology Partner, participate in the warm handoff with the Innovation & Improvement Project Manager, Product Owner, and Director of Innovation, Development & Partnerships
* Partner with the Business Development team through the contracting process as appropriate · Once a member has decided to pursue an integrated product / service (i.e., after a demonstration of functionality and signing a statement of work), project manage the implementation of the preferred technology partner’s products & services for installing and existing members
* Track progress of implementation and ensure all milestones and timelines are met
* Work with Product Owner to resolve any technical issues involved with new implementations
* Where needed, work with OCHIN’s Procurement Team and member to select and order necessary equipment / software for vendor product
* Provide weekly reports to Director of Innovation, Development & Partnerships on status of implementations currently in flight and issues / trends involved with new implementations
* Escalate implementation issues as needed to the Installation Project Manager, Account Manager, and/or Director of Innovation, Development & Partnerships, including when projects become out of scope, go off track, or miss a deadline
* Serve as a point of contact for OCHIN’s Preferred Technology Partners
* Escalate vendor issues as needed to the Director of Innovation, Development & Partnerships
Outcomes for Success
* Successfully resolves complex implementation issues
* Displays effective time management skills and ability to balance multiple successful implementations and issue resolution according to SLAs
* Strong knowledge of operational workflows for supported products/services
* Demonstrates ability to: o Identify the root cause of issues, create solutions, and negotiate buy-in o Appropriately escalate implementation issues according to the SLAs o Lead team improvement from start to finish o Effectively coach other Business Analysts
* Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning and improvement
* Continually provides excellent service to internal and external customers
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
* Superb attention to detail and a rigorous focus on delivering quality output
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to speak knowledgeably with members of both the business and technology teams
* Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize and clearly communicate finding of analysis
* Strong teamwork, interpersonal, relationship and presentation skills
* Desire to take ownership, be creative with problem solving, and pro-actively secure the objectives of the business
* Working knowledge of Epic applications and workflows
* This position can be located in the Portland Office or remotely
Our company culture is important to us. Successful candidates will identify easily with a set of character attributes, as listed below:
A Communicator: You possess strong communication skills and have been told you have great customer service skills; you like people and want to help.
A Critical Thinker: You have a mind that regularly looks for ways to find efficiencies, innovate, and make improvements where you can.
Process Oriented: You’re able to understand, work in, create, and improve processes.
A Collaborator: You’re a team player and relationship builder whose “can-do” attitude inspires others.
Someone Who Seeks to Learn: You are eager to listen, study, and learn new things quickly; you are resourceful and are open to regularly accepting and growing from feedback.
Entrepreneurial: You have proven success working in a fast-paced and changing environment; you are excited to play in a space where you’re adding value to the organization and its mission.
Job descriptions are designed to outline primary duties, responsibilities, and qualification requirements, and should not limit additional duties and responsibilities assigned. It is our expectation that all employees offer their services wherever and whenever deemed necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Constant interpersonal skills, teamwork, customer service, problem analysis, and reading, speaking, writing, and understanding English. Frequent creativity, mentoring, presentations, and teaching. Occasional decision making and independent judgment or action. Frequent keyboarding, sitting, standing, hearing, and talking.
OCHIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. OCHIN does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a check against the Office of Inspector General’s (OIG) exclusion list.