Post Date: 07/09/2019
Close Date: 08/09/2019
General Position Summary:
The Executive Producer/Creative Director will lead the Columbia brand creative department in an exciting combination of inspiring a high-volume production machine working across multiple mediums, aligning with outside agencies, and fostering in-house ideation. This role needs to deliver powerful creative that leverages her/his multiple years of working in apparel, footwear, retail experience design, and digital consumer engagement channels. The right leader will be expert at maximizing the talents of internal and external professionals to deliver the highest quality work that reflects Columbia's authentic positioning. While remaining calm under the pressure of production deadlines, this person will also remain driven to ensure that everyone who touches Columbia creative is inspired and focused on communicating powerfully with our target consumers. He/she will partner collaboratively with brand leadership to bring brand stories to life in a way that benefits regions around the world and provides them with natural localization options.
· Support marketing head in ensuring a team culture of collaboration.
· Ensure a strong creative process and provide design oversight to help the team execute at the highest level possible within the volume realities.
· Inspire the team to be creative within the defined space of the brand’s positioning and unique culture.
· Ensure creative quality and output, leveraging internal and external resources.
· Leverage agency resources effectively.
· Manage competing priorities and a high volume of requests with grace and a high degree of customer service while relentlessly focusing on Brand DNA.
· Manage customer intake to implement the right blend of internal account, project, and traffic management for high efficiency and nothing being lost in translation.
· Support the Creative Team in creating solutions to meet customer needs and resource creatively to meet business needs and challenges.
· Work effectively to utilize resources and find alternatives when resources are not sufficient to meet all needs
· Partner to create successful creative that allows multiple functions, sub-brands, channels, and partners are successful in meeting their business needs.
· Ensure enterprise view to the broader leadership of global brand marketing.
· Support the development of Columbia Brand internal creative team members and help them to develop their skills to meet business objectives.
· Able to provide strong people leadership, especially remaining calm and productive under pressure.
· Creates fun
· Embraces the value of project management in the creative process
· Calm under pressure
· Collaborative with ability to bring ideas to resolution and action, supporting Go-To-Market timelines
· Knows good creative and how to inspire it
· Scrappy (able to do more with less)
· Passionate about Columbia
· Provides high level of customer service internally and externally
· 2+ years of experience in brand-led, global outdoor or sports retail environment
· 5+ years of driving creative initiatives to resolution with senior leaders
· 10 years of progressive responsibilities at an agency (in house or external) culminating in P&L responsibility as well as creative oversight such as Executive Producer, Account Director, Creative Director, agency leader/owner, or similar.
· 10 years of broad experience in consumer marketing for omni-channel brands, including consumer retail, social media, digital marketing, video and photo production, and traditional media.
· At least five years leading people in a high-volume agency environment, including concurrent management of creative, account management, traffic, and other functions.
· A genuine love of the outdoors is important.
Job requires domestic and international travel that can last up to 4 weeks during busy production seasons.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age