Post Date: 10/02/2019
Close Date: 10/14/2019
Deadline to apply: October 14, 2019 @ 5:00 PM, PDT
Salary: $19.21 - $24.49 hourly
Do you enjoy performing set-up, take-down and problem-solving for events? Do you have experience with inventory, equipment repair and maintenance, as well as working as part of a dynamic team to ensure successful, large-scale events?
The Oregon Zoo is currently looking for an Events Operations Lead to work as part of our crew while overseeing the work of other staff and assisting our Events Coordinator with administrative tasks and special projects. This position will work in the field as well as in an office, and will be performing manual labor outdoors in all types of weather.
The Events Operations Lead coordinates and performs installation, set-up and breakdown; addresses supply and equipment needs; assists with planning and development; and responds to issues. Duties may require consulting with other staff on project concepts and preparing plans and designs.
This position serves in a lead role over a team of up to 30 employees, including variable-hour and seasonal staff. Primary responsibilities include set-up and take-down for concerts, catering and public events; installation and removal of holiday displays; inventory, maintenance, repair and creation of displays; scheduling work assignments and ensuring work meets quality standards; and performing public event and concert duties. In collaboration with the supervisor, facilitates requests for assistance, addresses quality issues, coordinates operations with other departments, and responds to facility and equipment problems and safety issues.
The schedule for this position will vary and may include weekdays, weekends, holidays, days and evenings. This position is budgeted at 0.75 FTE; hours will vary based on event needs.
At the Oregon Zoo, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
• Five years of related experience, including two years experience leading and directing employees or similar higher-level responsibilities, such as organization, record keeping, facilitating projects and overseeing employees; OR any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the classification duties and responsibilities.
• Valid driver's license and the ability to be insured by Metro's insurance carrier.
• Basic Math skills are required.
• All finalists must complete a background check and a driving records check.
Must obtain within 60 days of starting work:
• Emergency and Safety Procedures Training
• Forklift and Boom Lift Certification
• Knowledge of event and/or catering setup and takedown a plus.
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center.
1) Electronic application, 2) answers to supplemental questions, 3) resume and 4) cover letter describing your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this position.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Complete details: www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs