Post Date: 04/29/2019
Close Date: 05/19/2019
POSITION TITLE: PROGRAM ASSISTANT 3
DEPARTMENT: EARLY CONNECTIONS
OPEN DATE: APRIL 29, 2019
REPORTS TO: EARLY CONNECTIONS MANAGER
CLOSE DATE: MAY 19, 2019
WORK LOCATION: BEAVERTON, OR
HIRING RANGE:* $14.08-15.49 HOURLY
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
POSITION STATUS: REGULAR FULL-TIME (RFT)
FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT: 1.0
WORK HOURS PER WEEK: 40
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
MONTHS ACTIVE: YEAR-ROUND
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: 0
Under Oregon statute, after July 1, 1996, an offer of employment for this position is contingent upon the results of criminal offender information record check, and possibly fingerprinting, conducted on applicants for employment in early childhood services agencies. Applicants who have been convicted of certain offenses or who refuse to consent to such background checks will not be hired for this position. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position. Continuation of all positions is contingent upon future funding.
NOTE – This position requires the ability to speak, read, and write in both English and Spanish.
*Note on Hiring Range:
For applicants with extensive qualifications and/or years of experience, the new hire maximum rate may be exceeded with the approval of the Director of Human Resources and the Executive Director. If approval is granted, it will be based upon careful review of the applicant’s qualifications, experience, internal equity and budgetary considerations. The final rate approved will typically never be at a rate equal to or above the established market rate for the position.
In support of the Agency’s mission, the Program Assistant 3 is responsible for providing administration support for the assigned division/program/office function while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. This position performs functions with a high degree of complexity and ensures that the division’s operations flow smoothly. Responsible for compiling information, generating reports, summarizing findings and communicating findings effectively and in a time sensitive manner. Develops, implements, and maintains program related office systems and procedures. This position requires excellent time management skills in order to complete multiple task, project and program requirements and must demonstrate and model effective collaboration and communication skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Provide daily administrative support to assigned division/program/office function directors, managers, supervisors and staff.
• Provide prompt, accurate and effective administrative support including, but not limited to, composing and sending written and electronic correspondence in an accurate and timely manner, routing telephone calls and visitors, performing word processing functions, creating graphs and presentations, and providing language translation when applicable.
• Keep current on and act as a resource to program supervisors and staff members on Agency related information technology system changes.
• Maintain up to date calendar information relating to the assigned division/program business, as well as various community partners who work with the assigned division/program.
• Perform data entry and information management in a variety of databases. May be asked to analyze information gathered from the reports and prepare documents summarizing the reports.
• Maintain related division/program files and in-process work files of director/managers, including coordination of current and historical filing needs.
• Establish and maintain work flow systems, keeping procedures current and effective, and maintaining accurate schedules in a manner which is aligned with the program/divisions business needs.
• Anticipate workload needs and effectively plan time and resources necessary to execute tasks on time.
• Responsible for ensuring that orders, inventory and distribution of office supplies are completed and maintained for the division/program. Maintain office equipment as assigned.
• Strictly adhere to all safety policies and procedures at all times and respond/correct any at-risk safety issues immediately.
• Strictly adhere to agency code of ethics and standards of workplace behavior.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs including regular and reliable attendance and adherence to all company workplace behavior standards.
Marginal Functions and Responsibilities:
• Other marginal functions and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bilingual English/Spanish written and verbal.
• Minimum of a High School Diploma/equivalent with some college coursework or skill certifications in a related field in addition to at least three years of administrative support experience providing complex support to projects and/or upper management personnel in a non-profit or non-manufacturing environment . An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Advanced level of proficiency in technology tools such as Microsoft Office applications, databases, spreadsheets (including formulas and tables), charting, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Associate’s Degree or higher.
• Able to translate written materials from English to Spanish.
• Experience with and/or knowledge of social service systems or non-profit organizations.
• Experience with basic accounting and/or bookkeeping procedures.
Required Licensing or Other Special Certifications:
Required Physical Demands of Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Most work is conducted in an office environment with moderate to extensive phone use.
• Extensive use of computer and keyboarding.
• In normal work day, may stand/walk __2__ hrs/day; may sit _6_ hrs/day; may drive __2 hrs/week; may use hands for repetitive grasping, pushing and pulling, typing and fine manipulation _3_ hrs/day; may use hands at or above shoulder level for _1_ hrs/day.
• In normal work day, may bend, squat, and/or climb occasionally.
• Work is light in nature, lifting maximum of 30 lbs.
• Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
• May require walking or standing to a significant degree, or sitting most of the time with a degree of pushing and pulling of arm and/or leg controls.
How to Apply for this Position:
To be considered we must receive a completed Community Action Employment Application form. You are welcome to also include a cover letter and resume at your option. Transcripts may be required for certain positions. Applications can be completed on our website: www.caowash.org or you can print off the application to complete or pick up the application form at either of our following locations:
Hillsboro – 1001 SW Baseline St, Hillsboro OR 97123
Beaverton – 5050 SW Griffith Dr, Suite 101, Beaverton OR 97005
Be sure to submit your application in a timely manner. If you choose not to complete an online application, you can send your completed application form, optional resume and cover letter and any other required documents via fax at 503.357.6057. If you prefer to mail your application be sure to mail attention Human Resources at the Hillsboro office address above.
All application submissions will be acknowledged with a receipt notification. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you.
All current Community Action employees are encouraged to apply for openings at Community Action which they are interested in. For current employees, some qualifications may be met by an equivalent combination or education and experience at the discretion of the employer.
Benefits: All regular full-time (RFT) status positions of 0.50 full-time equivalent or higher are eligible for our outstanding benefits package including:
• Generous paid sick and vacation time
• 12 0bserved holidays
• Medical, vision and dental insurance
• Free life and long term disability insurance
• Medex travel assistance
• Employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Rich and diverse mission-based working environment
COMMUNITY ACTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Community Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state equal employment opportunity laws. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Complete details: https://caowash.applicantpro.com/jobs/1067315.html