Post Date: 04/26/2019
Close Date: 06/21/2019
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reducing stigma, and providing the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we have expanded our services in SW Washington! We are currently hiring an experienced SW Washington Program Assistant for our Longview, Washington location. This is a part-time, .8 FTE, 32 hours/week position which reports to the Director of SW Washington Services. The SW Washington Program Assistant works with the staff and management of Cascade AIDS Project (CAP) to provide administrative support and high-quality, coordinated, strengths-based social services consistent with the agency’s mission to people living with HIV. The individual works on CAP’s SW Washington team to provide services that include temporary caseload coverage for medical case management and housing staff, reception coverage, general program support, and other clerical duties as assigned to support the SW Washington teams in both Longview and Vancouver.
Responsibilities include: reception coverage, submitting billing for Title XIX for eligible clients, providing time limited housing support and medical case management, assessing client needs, coordinating referrals to area social service providers, assisting clients in applying for housing and insurance, client outreach, direct communication with medical providers to obtain health status updates, assisting staff and management with data clean-up for reporting purposes; scheduling and conducting intakes, working collaboratively with other members of the SW Washington team, other CAP staff, and with community partners, completing forms, filing, tracking expenses, and entering data into the agency database in a timely and accurate manner. The SW Washington Program Assistant works collaboratively and communicates effectively with clients, volunteers, CAP staff and community partners.
The person in this position is stationed in CAP’s Longview and Vancouver offices but will travel throughout the Cowlitz, Clark, Wahkiakum and Multnomah County service area for meetings and client home-visits. Occasional evening and weekend work, a state-issued driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle are required. This is a non-management, union-represented position.
• Bachelor’s Degree in human/social services (social work, public or community health, psychology) or at least two years of related experience
• Prior experience providing case management (or similar) services
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations and persons who have experienced homelessness, persons with a mental illness and/or substance addiction
• Demonstrated ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated computer and keyboard proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with community stakeholders and internal team members
• Good organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently or within a team with accountability and exercise good boundaries, sound judgment, discretion and professionalism at all times
• Able to travel throughout the service area on a frequent basis
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends for mandatory CAP events
• Knowledge of local social services resources in Cowlitz and Clark Counties
• Previous experience working with people living with HIV
• Experience with Title XIX Medicaid Billing Procedures
• Verbal and written fluency in English and Spanish
Compensation: $31,878.40 at 32 hours/week annually, based on the union contract; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
SW Washington Program Assistant Position (SW WA Office)
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Complete details: http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/