Post Date: 01/28/2019
Close Date: 02/26/2019
Position Summary: The Counselor I is responsible for providing individual assessment and treatment, individual and group facilitation, and case management and outreach services for 18 to 25 year old males transitioning from Multnomah County Jails into the CPR program. Responsible for providing services inside and outside of jail for clients released on probation or parole. Duties include working with family members, and clinicians to assist with mental health screening, risk/needs alcohol and drug assessments, facilitating Cognitive Behavioral therapy and program curriculum.
Education, Training & Experience:
• Relevant coursework or 1 year experience in counseling, psychology, social work, addictions treatment or related field.
• CADC I required within 6 months.
• Knowledge of re-entry issues that face a prison-release or justice-involved population.
• Experience with at-risk populations, adolescent developmental issues, criminal behavior, family systems, and dual diagnosis.
• Experience delivering CBT, curriculum, and facilitating groups.
• Mission focused and passionate, with an emphasis on serving high-risk populations in evidence-based practices.
• Commitment to and actions consistent with the highest level of ethical and professional standards.
• Ability to work in a corrections setting and work well under pressure.
• Commitment to compliance with reporting requirements, documentation, and ISSR’s.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Computer literate – functional ability with electronic medical records, Word, and Outlook.
• High level of cultural competence.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Available to work days and evenings
• Current driver’s license and insurance, reliable vehicle and ability to pass insurer’s driving standards.
• Ability to pass a criminal and background check
• If recovering from a substance use related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under non-residential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
Compensation: $14.09/hour + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts
Complete details: www.voaor.org