Post Date: 10/22/2019
Close Date: 11/15/2019
Manage and direct the programs and activities of customer service call center and customer service on-street representatives to ensure a high degree of service quality and customer satisfaction. Serve as Department's liaison with Operations and other divisions for purpose of planning and implementing service response for special events, and planned and unplanned service disruptions. Provide support for efforts to improve the customer experience, and increase ridership and community support.
Ensure a commitment to safety through effective leadership, role modeling and implementing practices that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value and a priority in all aspects of work. Perform related duties as required.
1. Manage Customer Service department staff through effective coaching and counseling to guide employees toward high work standards and performance; connecting employees work to agency objectives and business plan. Monitor employee performance and conduct performance evaluations. Maintain discipline through equal application of all rules, procedures, policies and the Labor Agreement. Document and recommend any necessary discipline. Respond to employee concerns and union grievances.
2. Oversee continuous high quality customer service efforts delivered through the call center. Oversee the continuous implementation and improvement of the Service Improvement Program (SIP) database. Manage the implementation and growth of the call center in support of the regional electronic fare program, including hiring, training and preparing standard operating procedures. You will play a leading role in leveraging data to identify contact trends and recommending solutions that prevent customers from needing to contact us in the first place.
3. Mobilize and coordinate customer service on-street representatives, Ride Guide response team, and other staff as needed to respond to planned and unplanned service disruptions. Work with internal partners to identify and implement projects requiring assistance of customer service on-street representatives. Lead employee volunteer recruitment and agency/partner training efforts for major planned and unplanned events (ie. Rose Festival, winter weather response, etc.).
4. Serve as Customer Service department's liaison with Service Planning and Operations. Represent customers' interests when planning service response and mitigation to planned or unplanned service disruptions.
5. Serve as Customer Service department's primary liaison with Operations during planned and unplanned service disruptions. Report to the Operations Command Center as needed, including some nights and weekends.
6. Develop communication protocols to ensure that Customer Service field efforts complement Operations' efforts. Develop good working relationships and maintain effective communication with front-line Operations staff to ensure customers' interests are served. Maintain and improve customer service training modules for Operations personnel and other agency staff.
7. Manage department budget, and create and oversee department contracts. Effectively manage KPIs, payroll, and budget for the department.
8. Evaluate effectiveness of agency efforts as they relate to our customers' on-street and customer service call center experiences. Provide feedback and recommend solutions to internal partners for purpose of continually improving service quality.
9. Serve as part of the CX leadership team and report on key business and operational activities related to how we improve the overall customer experience while delivering on key metrics.
10. Serve as Customer Service department's liaison and/or lead for implementing new programs, policies and technology to improve the customer experience, and increase ridership and community support.
11. Leads continuous improvement activities by reviewing, changing, and improving processes in line with changing customer expectations/organizational goals.
12. Identifies trends and initiates changes/improvements necessary to achieve goals and objectives while ensuring customer needs are met without interruption to service levels.
13. Innovate and implement ideas to ensure better customer satisfaction, more efficient workflows, and measurable business benefits.
14. Deliver performance trends, insights, and key learnings to CX Leadership and agency executives.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Public Administration or related field.
A minimum of ten (10) years total credited experience.* Increasingly responsible experience in managing customer support or customer service functions, including supervision of others. Experience leading an omni-channel contact center is desirable.
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Or any equivalent combination of training or experience.
*The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the "credited experience".