Post Date: 11/20/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Outdoor Education Assistant Manager
1 position available
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking an Outdoor Education Assistant Manager to assist the Coastal Discovery Center Manager in successfully running the OMSI Outdoor School programming at Camp Meriwether. Join our Outdoor Science Education team and coordinate & implement programs, update and develop curriculum, assist with summer planning, and provide administrative and logistical support for the OMSI outdoor program during the rest of the year. As an Assistant Manager, you’ll support a passionate staff who are working for OMSI’s mission to inspire curiosity through engaging science learn experiences, to foster experimentation and the exchange of idea and to stimulate informed action.
What you’ll do:
• Coordinate day-to-day operations of OMSI Outdoor Science Education programs for spring Outdoor School at Camp Meriwether.
• Assist with the hiring, training, supervision, guidance, and evaluation of summer camp counselors.
• Work with the Coastal Discovery Center Manager to plan instructor training in the spring.
• Ensure that camp equipment and program supplies are properly maintained, organized, repaired, and cleaned.
What you’ll need:
• Working knowledge of the concepts in natural history and ecology.
• Working knowledge of current trends in outdoor science education, experiential education philosophies, and outdoor teaching practices.
• Ability to self-initiate, self-motivate, and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in natural science, education or environmental studies or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
• Minimum 7 months leadership, supervisory, or management experience.
• Minimum 7 months of program coordination and/or project management.
• Minimum 15 months of experience working with youth in an informal education setting.
• Minimum 10 months of formal or informal experience in teaching science related topics.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks, reference checks, and requirements in the MVR Policy including passing a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check and pre-employment drug test for the CDL Driver’s Policy.
• Onsite living available, during spring outdoor school and when assigned to work at the Coastal Discovery Center and Hancock Field Station.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/290471.html to apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/290471.html