Post Date: 01/07/2019
Close Date: 01/20/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 20, 2019
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Kitchen Assistant (R18-837)
As a Kitchen Assistant at the World Trade Center, you will provide food services to employees and the public in support of meetings or events.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Execute prep list to prepare items for cook; stock/restock items on the line according to specifications; wash and clean fruits and vegetables and peels, dices, shreds or slices using hand utensils or electric equipment; measure and assemble ingredients and cooked items according to recipes, menu specifications or verbal directions.
• Assist in plating food, ensure proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of serving temperatures.
• Report to work well-groomed, in a clean and proper uniform, and practices good personal hygiene.
• Maintain and clean/wash/sanitize food preparation surfaces, dishes, pots, utensils, equipment and storage areas. Handle food items in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
• Assist in keeping refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored per standards.
• Ensure correct amounts of stock/inventory are pulled for preparation and notes items that need replenishment; assist with inventory control of supplies and goods for food production; assist in unloading and storing deliveries, organizing dry storage areas and organizing freezer storage.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
• Food safety practices and regulations.
• Weights and measures associated with cooking.
Demonstrated abilities in the skills listed:
• Ability to follow verbal instructions under fast-paced/high-pressure conditions.
• Food preparation skills, e.g. chopping, slicing, dicing, shredding, etc.
• Skills in using kitchen tools, equipment and appliances.
• Focus on customer service skills.
• Decision-making skills.
• Organization and prioritization skills.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent or equivalent experience and typically two or fewer years in a commercial kitchen, catering service or other food-related industry.
This position will require flexibility and availability 7 days a week. Hours are typically at 32 hours per week. Schedules will varied depending on events and business needs.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-837. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING