Post Date: 06/25/2020
Close Date: 07/31/2020
Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
We are currently seeking a Health Coach to join our Wellness team! Our Health Coaches develop and implement behavioral-based member and provider facing coaching programs and health care self-management support, including condition-specific disease management phone coaching (health coaching) and maternity care to our members. This position also collaborates with all of our Healthcare Services and Pharmacy staff to ensure integration of our programs that are offered to our membership and acts as peer leaders among st the coaching team.
1.Maintain established Health Coaching programs. 1.Provide initial and ongoing assessment of member needs.
2.Identify member’s personal healthcare goals.
3.Create and maintain customized lesson plan.
4.Support self-management activities and achievement of goals through phone, mail and e-mail interventions. Interventions include motivational interviewing.
2.Coordinate and contribute to continuous quality improvement efforts related to coaching programs, including review of evidence-based guidelines, review of new resources and participation in work groups.
3.Utilize customized database systems for consistent and accurate documentation of member contacts, status and outcomes.
4.Consult with healthcare analyst, health promotion & quality improvement specialist to support data collection and quality improvement efforts. Provide clinical input.
5.Communicate with providers and office staff regarding ongoing plan of care and patient progress towards goals. Develop partnerships and encourage program participation.
6.Participate in employer and community-based health fairs; providing basic health screenings, related counseling and educational materials to members and the public.
7.Contribute to the selection, development, implementation and evaluation of educational materials and other member communications.
8.Work with Supervisor and Lead Health Coach to ensure quality of health coaching material in hard copy and on the web.
9.Support the Supervisor and Lead Health Coach in identifying and leading professional development activities for the greater team related to behavior based coaching practice (MI, PAM, etc.)
10.Maintain professional relationships with other Moda staff & departments.
11.Perform other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to be a betterist? Please apply online here: https://ejob.bz/ATS/PortalViewRequirement.do?reqGK=27398305
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
1. Minimum 1+ years of health coaching experience is required.
2. Related degree and/or licensure leading to expertise in disease management, healthcare administration, or public health (MPA, MPH and/or Current Oregon license as NP, RN, RD, LPN, LCSW, LPC) and/or two years relevant chronic care management and/or health coaching experience.
3. 2-4 years of experience in disease management/health coaching program with health plan or similar organization is strongly preferred.
4. Training in motivational interviewing is required.
5. Previous experience with asthma, tobacco cessation, diabetes, cardiac conditions, weight-related conditions, musculoskeletal disorders, maternity or depression education programs preferred.
6. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
7. Previous experience as a certified diabetes, tobacco cessation, or asthma educator is preferred.
8. Strong organizational and time-management skills.
9. Ability to problem-solve, recall information and attend to details.
10. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
11. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access (data entry forms).
12. Ability to learn proprietary databases.
13. Ability to type a minimum of 35 wpm on a computer keyboard.
14. Valid Oregon driver’s license. Ability to handle a push cart/hand truck and to lift boxes up to 40 lbs. in and out of a car trunk.
15. Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional business image telephonically and in person.
Complete details: https://ejob.bz/ATS/PortalViewRequirement.do?reqGK=27398305