Post Date: 07/16/2019
Close Date: 08/15/2019
Position Profile: Talent Development and Inclusion Strategist
$53,000 - $60,000 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking a regular, full-time Talent Development and Inclusion Strategist, who is responsible for the formulation and implementation of strategies that increase the racial and ethnic diversity of OMSI’s paid and volunteer staff. We are committed to dismantling barriers to equity and access to the experiences we provide and creating welcoming environments and conditions where all people can reach their full potential. OMSI has made a commitment to lead our inclusion efforts with race. This position will have a central role in actions that illustrate this commitment.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI’s staff consists of 250-300 paid employees and 500 volunteers. They share a passion for our mission and believe deeply in partnering with communities across the region to serve diverse audiences and achieve collective impact.
What you’ll do:
The Workplace Equity and Inclusion Strategist primarily concentrates on:
a) the formulation of recruitment and attraction strategies, including the design and coordination of regular events and activities to maximize inclusion in the candidate pipelines, relationship cultivation with promising talent, and recruitment goal metrics development;
b) the design and implementation of adult education programs that support organizational change to enhance inclusion in our organizational culture.
What you’ll need:
• Strong knowledge of equity, diversity, inclusion and social justice theory and practical application, including critical theory of systemic oppression, unconscious bias, and personal identity and intersectionality matters.
• Work experience of at least 3 years in an industry related to education, human resources, cultural or mission-driven organizations or project management, including some experience with community outreach, recruitment or professional development. Knowledge of adult education principles, excellent facilitation and presentation skills
• Ability to navigate cultural differences with care and grace and fortitude to influence systemic change
• Experience working successfully with culturally diverse populations
• Experience working in a team setting and promoting teamwork.
• Minimum 2 years of coordination and project management skills
• Ability to travel frequently within the Portland Metro area with some travel outside of this area for recruitment purposes. Job fair setting and assembly and arrangement of materials are not comprehensive of the main physical requirements, but constitute the majority.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as a criminal background check, reference checks, and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/356528.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes on August 15, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/356528.html