Post Date: 10/18/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: On-Call Primary Care Provider -Blackburn
DEPARTMENT: Primary Care/Blackburn Center
REPORTS TO: Blackburn Associate Medical Director of Primary Care
SCHEDULE: Varies depending on need. Typical hours between 8:00am-5:00pm with evenings and Saturdays TBD based on clinic hours and provider availability
SUMMARY: The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that offers integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long-term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
This position is for a Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy, Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in CCC’s Primary Care department as an on-call provider with a primary assignment at the Blackburn Center. On-call shifts include Monday – Friday shifts in primary care with integrated OBOT (Office Based Opioid Treatment) services.
A strong background in mental health, addiction medicine, and health care for homeless and underserved populations is preferred. A DATA2000 waiver for buprenorphine prescribing is strongly preferred. Demonstrated skills in primary care medicine and licensure to practice medicine in Oregon is required of all applicants.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: NP/PA
1. Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program. 2. National certification and unrestricted license or eligibility for license to practice in Oregon.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: MD/DO
1. Board eligibility or certification in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: ALL APPLICANTS
1. A strong background in mental health and addiction medicine is preferred, as well as experience
working with homeless and underserved populations.
2. Demonstrated skills in primary care medicine with a minimum of 2 years’ experience preferred.
3. Current possession of DATA 2000 waiver preferred.
4. Experience with Hepatitis C primary care-based treatment preferred, or provider will obtain training within 30 days of employment.
5. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
6. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
7. Current DEA Certification required or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
8. Current CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
9. Available to work during standard clinic hours, occasional evenings until 8 pm, and Saturdays 9 am – 1 pm 1 – 2 / month.
10. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in an on-going program of recovery with two (2) years demonstrated level of sobriety.
11. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
12. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
13. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
14. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs