Post Date: 03/06/2019
Close Date: 04/05/2019
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the United States and the region. This person will work within the larger Business Development team, reporting to two Business Development Managers in Portland and Seattle, providing daily tactical and administrative assistance to further the business development goals of the following groups: corporate, litigation, technology & life sciences, consumer products, and manufacturing and transportation. In addition, this position manages and executes all facets of firm events and sponsorships for the industry groups and offices supported. At Stoel Rives, you will find challenging work assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of innovation.
Stoel Rives Business Development Coordinators are self-starters and strategic thinkers who have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can work across all levels of firm management.
This Business Development Coordinator (“BDC”) role is a shared resource reporting to two Business Development Managers (“BDMs”) based in Salt Lake City and Seattle, respectively. The BDMs support the groups listed below, and the BDC will provide day-to-day tactical assistance to the BDMs as they work to further the business development goals of the firm and the supported groups. This BDC position will support the following groups: corporate, litigation, technology & life sciences, consumer products, and manufacturing and transportation.
• Provide administrative support to the BDMs, including processing expenses, scheduling meetings, keeping calendars, creating graphics work orders and creating & managing the forms for events within the supported BDMs purview; attend meetings as appropriate and as directed. Administrative support does not include monitoring email as email accounts should not be shared, and BDCs have multiple managers to assist.
• Manage and execute all facets of firm events and sponsorships for the industry groups and offices supported. Supporting firm events will involve following department-wide events processes and protocols and accepting direction from the firm’s Event Specialists as appropriate. Event-related responsibilities include, but are not limited to, venue logistics and vendor relationships, creating targeted mailing lists, managing the invitation and registration process, working with the creative team on presentation materials, ordering and assembling on-site material and promotional items, day-off event support, and tracking post-event return on investment (ROI) data.
• Maintain industry group, practice group and office specific mailing lists and provide InterAction support and training to users as needed with guidance from the firm’s Business Development Technology Manager.
• Assist supported BDMs in the preparation of proposal responses by gathering ancillary information and assembling and coordinating the delivery of final product. Manage post-pitch follow-up for ROI tracking purposes.
• Working with the firm-wide Communications Coordinator and Proposal Coordinators, proactively maintain marketing collateral for all supported groups and ensure that attorney bios are kept up to date.
Other duties as assigned.
• Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work successfully with attorneys, clients, staff, community, and vendors.
• Strong client service attitude highly desired.
• Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint InterAction knowledge a plus.
• Strong project and time management skills with outstanding writing and grammar skills.
• Must be able to multi-task with strong project management aptitude.
• Willing to learn new things and systems and capable of working remotely and independently while participating as a team member.
• Must possess strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Travel outside of residing office to assigned offices for on-site event management and execution as well as attendance to firm-wide events as directed by dept. leadership.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business-related areas or equivalent on the job experience required. 2-4 years marketing experience required, preferably in legal or professional services environment.
NORMAL WORK HOURS
This position is non-exempt and is eligible for overtime compensation. Regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To apply please visit our website: https://www.stoel.com/about/careers/administrative-business-professionals/openings
Stoel Rives is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Stoel Rives LLP: Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law. For more information, follow us @stoelrives or visit www.stoel.com.